Hair Dye

Minime

Reaction score
Anyone know why you shouldnt dye your hair when pregnant? Ive heard it might be because it wont come out the colour you expected but a couple of people have also said something about enzymes leaking through the skin and attacking dna :shock:

Really need my roots doing!

try asking layla hun shes a qualified hairdresser she might be able to advise you xxx

Its said to get into the blood stream and the chemicals might harm baby. When I got pregnant I was no longer aloud to do any colour treatments on clients or myself. Just as long as it doesnt touch the roots its fine. But to be honest when pregnant with Zack I coloured my hair all the time. Wasnt a hairdresser at the time and didnt know it could harm baby.

If your getting it done in a salon I suggest you ask your hairdresser, because different colours have different chemicals.

the only one they advise you not to have is bleach, but you can have it in foils.

any other dye is ok, just be aware that it will take one shade darker coz of the preg hormones.

xxx

Ive used loreal excellence cream for years, is that ok still?

yeah,

thats the ones i use, i used them through all of my pregnancys, just make sure you in a well venilated room :)

xx

i dyed my hair at 11 weeks 2 days, if ur doing a DIY then make sure ur in a well vented room :)

Layla said:
the only one they advise you not to have is bleach, but you can have it in foils.

any other dye is ok, just be aware that it will take one shade darker coz of the preg hormones.

xxx

I usually have a light brown and a dark blonde out through mine, not in foils but in those strips like ribbons, that you fold in half, if you know what I mean (mesh stuff I think it is), is that still ok? and would you suggest a dark blonde and a med/light blonde if it takes on shade darker?

I have been having my hair coloured as normal, bleach and colours and all has been fine so far, its turned out lovely as usual.

As for passing into the bloodstream..this would not happen because the particles in the hair dye would not be small enough.

Im a Beauty Therapist, the only things that can penetrate through the layers of the epidermis (skin) are UV rays, hormones (e.g. hormone patches) and essential oils because the particles are tiny enough to diffuse through the skin.

im desperate to do mine but even though all sources say its ok, something holds me back because of the controversy which has come from somewhere in the first place! perhaps it would say on the box if it wasnt advisable?

well i have just brought clairolnice and easy and nowhere on the box or leaflet inside does it say not to use if pregnant i broughta tinting brush and am going to get my mum to do and stay away from the very top of the root abot 1cm away, as there is no way i am getting married with 4 inch long roots which are dak brown and tghe reat of my hair is hghlihted.

Funny to see this question today, i asked my hairdresser this morning. she told me that sometimes, (not always) the dye will turn out shaded (patchy) due to hormone levels. Thats all. That being said...certain substances can pass through the skin, hence the caution about strong or prolonged contact with (certain) chemicals. this is what neurotoxins are. Me personally, I need my hair dye, and will continue to get it done as i have be assured there is no risk to my developing baby. Speak to your hairdresser or doctor for your personal advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back