Haemophilia

VickyBunny

Reaction score
I'm a carrier of haemophilia (and possibly have something else but cant be tested until after pregnancy) and I'm having a boy. I saw a consultant today and she wants to check for haemophilia in the baby whilst it's in the womb at around 35-36 weeks, possibly inducing labour.

My boyfriend is dead against this but I'm unsure what I should do. Has anyone else had experience of this?

If they do the test and the baby has it then they cant use things like forceps or anything that will apply pressure to the baby during birth, meaning I'm likely to have a C-section. If they don't do they test then they may have to take all of those precautions anyway because, obviously, they don't know the state. It also means doing blood tests on the baby straight away.

She's going to talk more about it to me at a later date, but I just wanted to know if anyone here with haemophilia in the family has gone ahead with the womb injection test or decided against it.

Did want to read and run hun, I don't have any in the family so can't really offer advice :( good luck though xx

No experience but didn't want to read and run.

I'd book an appointment to speak to your health professional about it and make sure your partner is there. That way you can both get all the information you need and make a decision from there.

I hope all goes well for you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back