Had sweep yesterd, mild contractions for almost 24 hours....

Funkylady

Reaction score
and still going. Had another internal this morning at around 8 a.m. where it was decided I was only 1 cm dilated and my cervix was still a little far back.

After my sweep yesterday I had ALOT of show and proper contractions (well, mild regular ones) started around 4 a.m. this morning and have continued... with a few breaks in between all day.

Ive been managing to get a wee snooze here and there which seems to stop the contractions, but they start as soon as I wake (which I thought was quite weird?!) Not agony, just very very strong period type pains through my abdomen and into my back and hips lasting around 30-40 seconds every 5-7 minutes. They havent increased in length or intensity.

all very confusing... has anyone got any experiences of having a sweep and how long it took to get into established labour?

Getting a wee bit uncomfortable and desperate to go into labour before my induction date on Tuesday...

xx

Im unable to offer you any advice unfortunately...I have all this to come soon...

But just wanted to say Good Luck...and hopefully wont be long for you!!! :hug:

good luck, sorry cant help with the sweep question.
*labour dust*!

After my sweep I had peiod pains for about 26 hours or so. They were sort of like a heavy dragging pain then my waters broke :D Then labour kicked off about 8 hours after my waters broke.

Sounds like your on your way Funkylady, very best wishes :hug:
With regards the contractions stopping when you sleep, it's just your body allowing you to top up your energy levels for the big event :hug:

Hi i had my sweep on the thursday morning and had my little un at 7.02 on the friday morning. Hope it works for u :cheer: :cheer:

i had my sweep on a thursday and had riley on friday eve i hope it does work my cervix was facing backwards as well she tried 2 bring it 4ward with no luck so it technically wasnt a real sweep lol

Good luck hun, hope its all happening for you, cant wait to see more baby pics on here xx

Don't know if your LO's here yet, hope so!!!
So sending some :hug: :hug: :hug:

A babies arrival is the damndest thing funkylady and everyone is different.
I hope your baby decides to come naturally today instead of the induction, good luck and I hope you will be holding your LO soon. :hug:

Does anyone know if Funkyladys had baby yet???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back