Had my scan.

Sorry Miss J,but good luck for the tests n hopefully u will have a very sticky bean in 2011!!xx

Miss J,

I've been googling Agnus Castus BFPs and I found this story and thought of you...

Vitex was my answer...
Ok so I might ramble on and on... but I took that and the dr & I 100% agree, that's how I got pregnant!! I wrote this in another forum, but thought to add to it- as I think Vitex is the BEST herbal supplement on earth after I conceived because of it. (solely because of this pill supplement!)

I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2years ago, after having VERY irregular periods (4 days long- light, every 1-3 months) since I got my period, which I was late... 15yrs. All my friends were 13. So I went to a dr 2yrs ago when I got serious with my boyfriend and wanted to check everything out, cause I was always nervous about conceiving. I was only regular on the pill. I had tried the NuvaRing as well, which after hearing how horrible it is for you- it made me even more nervous of my chances...

What the doctor discovered was since I rarely got my period and didn't ovulate very often, she thought I'd need chlomid to concieve. I was upset by this as I didn't want to have to rely on drugs to make my body do what it was supposed to do naturally being a woman. So with that I continued to BD with my OH - and we never did ANYTHING different. We had never used BC, since we thought we didn't need it cause the chances were so low.

Well I started to think about my reproductive health down the road and thought with some faith, it could happen. My Dr at the time (I have since switched dr's and do NOT recommend the 1st one whom I saw up until I was 8weeks along.) was convinced herbal supplements wouldn't work and I'd need chlomid as that was my only shot. Being in my 20's that was such a stab to me, I was heartbroken and then determined. So I researched on google supplements for ovulation. In December/January '09 I recieved my order of Vitex (Nature's Way brand, bought on iherb $4.12 total!!!) I took 2 a day for a 4weeks EVERY day in the AM. I got a period in January that was "regular" for normal women, so my hopes were up!! I wasn't thinking I was going to ovulate or get pregnant, that wasn't my goal. I was thinking my body was regulating and sometime I'd ovulate in the next 6months or so. My period didn't come in February and I hadn't been really taking the pills more than sporatically so... I figured my body hadn't changed and I hadn't kept up with it, oh well- I'll get to it later. I did notice my CM was more watery and I had a weird eggy white day... but thought nothing of it- as that happened to me here and there. I went on my merry way enjoying BD, but more than usual. HAHA, I had no cares at all, just wanted to enjoy my "freedom" before the Mommy journey.

Well I started to feel like I was sick, I thought I had the flu or something. I work in an office and being from MA, USA it's still winter in Feb/Mar so it's possible I caught something. I was so tired, moody, and just stressed feeling. I woke March 14th, ran down to the 1st floor at 3am and was vomitting consistently or heaving til 4pm. My OH came downstairs scared, as he thought I was still in the bedroom it was so loud and violent sounding... he was petrified. I thought I was deadly sick or something was severly wrong with me. I started to get really worried... he made 3 trips to CVS, once for pepto bismal which I puked as soon as it hit my stomach, gingerale cause i wanted it and have ever since i confirmed prego too, and then pedialyte after I could breath. Nothing helped, I took a bath - was ok for 10mins then back to vomit. I was contemplating a hospital visit, until 4pm rolled around and I was FINE. Woke up the next day, my tastes were off. That night before when I got sick we had eaten chicken pot pie with onions in it (vidalia) and I remember them tasting so strong and struggling to force myself to eat them... I usually have no problem with onions. Now pregnant, I have a hard time even eating onion rings... haha. Funny how it's all connected. So, Monday rolls around I take 2 HPTs after work... 1st was an old test I had from a box in my drawer- was weeing and it turned + before i finished... almost died. Then made OH go get me a digital cause i needed the word, PREGNANT appeared. I just cried, I was so amazed, in shock- a million feelings. No regrets, no sadness, just complete and utter shock. I still didn't believe it, thought my hormones were off cause the dr said there would be NO way I could ovulate and I only took the pills for a month, if that!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to get pregnant, I thought I'd get my body right and seeing as thought it had been 2yrs and we hadn't gotten pregnant, we'd be fine. We planned to have a baby in 2yrs or so, but I wanted my body to do it naturally- without chlomid, so I thought I'd get myself right and then things would be good. Well I had a LONG cycle and got confirmed BFP on March 17, 2009. I thought the entire time as things were changing that I was sick, something was wrong with me, but I never thought I was pregnant!!!!!!

I am a FIRM believer in Vitex, it regulated my cycles- made me ovulate and made my CM friendly... I stand behind that product a million times over. It has been used for THOUSANDS of years in many countries to regulate a woman's cycle. That's what made me comfortable in taking it. I never was one for vitamins, earthy supplements, or any nutritional hocus pocus, so I was skeptical. After my 8week appt with Dr Dipsh*t I found a MUCH better doctor, Dr Andrea - whom discussed Vitex with me after I told her my story... she said it DEFINITELY made me pregnant. She said she's known girls who took it, it regulated them and they got pregnant- THEN after the baby, their period was just naturally regular. It was like having the baby reset their reproduction processes!!!

I'll be on birth control after my baby is born in November, then in a year back to Vitex for baby 2, as I know it works and stand behind this NONharmful supplement. Crushed leaves in a capsule, all the way!!!!

To view signatures Login or Register your FREE BabyandBump account!

xx

Thanks ladies.

Maybe - That's really interesting, thanks. Do you have to stop taking it after you OV? As we're not using opks or planning to use them either.

I do have some Agnus Castus but hubby wants to have a cycle with no pills, opks, etc and see what happens. :rolleyes:

x x

Hey Miss J, :)

Yeah you do have to stop after OV, I also read about a girl that had really long cycles who had a 2 month TTC break and took AC every day til the cycles were shorter and regular, that way you know when you'll OV as its roughly 14 days before the end of a cycle.

So say you got your cycle to 34 days you'd know OV would be around CD 20 so you wouldn't have to use millions of OPKs.

If your scan and blood tests all come back ok and the docs don't end up treating you then it would be worth a try...

Have a little google and there are some great success stories.

Good Luck for your results anyway Hun, hope you are feeling a bit better now.

xx

hey missJ

just wanted to pop in and say hi, hope you and hubby are OK?! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Maybe. Will just have to see what the doc can do. I hate waiting! :rolleyes: x x

Thanks Positivity. We're ok...ish. Still in a bit of disbelief sometimes and we've kept our BFP piccies to remind us that it can happen for us. OH is doing better than me really, but we talk about it when we need to and don't keep our feelings bottled up which is good. Just wish I was still in Tri1. :( x x

Hey MissJuly. Im really sorry to hear about 'bean' going to a better place :(

As all the other ladies have said, chin up and keep going :).

Thinking of you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back