Had my SCAN !!

hananhmiller

Reaction score
Hi

Had my scan today. Woke up so nevrous and after drinking all the water the clinic was running late. Appointment was suppose to be 9.30 but was 9.45. Dont mind waiting but not with a full Bladder !!!!

Baby is fine. Dates are correct and everything was OK. Really looking forward to finding out the sex but baby decided to cross its legs and do somersaults. Would not keep still at all so I will have to wait but to get all the measurements she pressed so hard, my bladder really burst.

Only thing that upset me was the women who scanned me. She did the notes after and put in big writing 'Scan Difficult due to mothers large body size'. I was so insulted. I dont mind being bigger, always have been, am a size 20/22 but I have lost weight being pregnant but that was horrible to write in full view. Some people !!!!

Hope everyone is well

Hannah XX

Aww was this your first scan or 20 week one?? Shame you couldnt find out the sex tho xx

My 20 week and my only scan. Thats all they do in Devon. So disappointed I dont know sex but want a 4D scan. The only problem there are none in the south west.

Hannah X

How rude was she :twisted: ,glad everything is well with baby,our little ones our being a bit cheeky at the mo though with all these crossed legs :D xx

aaaahhh... i know hwo u feel..

even so she have to put it down to explain to ur midwife..

im a size 14 and when i was 13 weeks.. my gp couldnt feel my uterus and he jus said its because i have a fat tummy.. my tummy shud be small!! :shock:

Yeah me too Hannah!! If I cant find out sex at my 20 week im gonna really want a 4d I know I am. That is a shame you get just one scan, but one is better than nothing and at least your mind is at rest now.

Where abouts in Devon are you?? Im in Dorset :cheer:

Aw that's good that baby's doing good!!

Lets hope my little bean is gonna behavce on Thursday, keep your fingers and everything else you can crossed for me, oh and some pink baby dust wouldn't go amiss either ladies :wink: :pray:

I live in Tavistock, Devon near Plymouth. Dont know where to get a 4d scan. Having a look on the internet. I am going to centre parcs at beginning of October when I am 27 weeks. Its at Longleat so thought I would see if there are any near there. Worth a try.

Hannah XXX

I love Center Parcs, we go to Longleat every year...have you been before?

Glad everything is well. It's so dissapointing not finding out the sex isn't it. As for what she wrote on your notes, how rude! When i was pg with my 2nd MW said she couldn't feel anything at my appointment then said "well your not the skinnist girl in the world are you?" :twisted: No and i'm defo not the biggist either at size 16. She didn't need to say anything.

some people are so rude :evil: glad the scan went ok for you hun xxx

dont worry hun they siad the same to me too us big girls need to stick togeather lol

Hi Thanks everyone.

She really made me self concious yesterday. Never mind. I am pregnant and am happy so stuff her.

Really looking forward to my holiday in October. No I have never been before. Dont quite know what to expect. Spoke to the women at Centre Parcs and she said there is loads for Pregnant people. Looking forward to the swimming and relaxing. Will be 27 weeks and my brother in law and his fiance are going. She is pregnant too. About 4 weeks behind me so no cycling for us !!!! They do a spa package for mums to be and husband is treating me to one so will enjoy that.

Hannah XXX

It's funny what midwifes write.

When I had my booking in appointment at 8 weeks she asked if I was going to drink throughout my pregnancy. I said no, but that I may have a glass of bubbly on my wedding day (when I'd be 18.5 weeks).

So she wrote "moderate drinker" on my notes!!!!! Gee thanks a lot!!!! Makes me sound like a terrible mother. One glass of sparkling wine (not even champagne!!) on my wedding day.

PAH!!!!

HI all, Hannah i had kind of the same thing on my notes cos im a big girl too 5'10" and a size 22/24 :shock: THey put on my notes " view restricted by adiposity" and i thought it was something to do with the baby and when i looked it up it basically means fat!!! i was gutted as id lost 2 and half stone at ww before i fell preg and lost weight cos of sickness in the first 3 months!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back