full bladder for scan?

katiee24

Reaction score
hey guys! i know you need a full bladder for your 12wk scan but do you need one for your 12wk one? the midwifes or doctors havent mentioned anything about a full bladder so im abit unsure! :(

My consultant said that I didn't need a full one for my 12 week scan (so got me to empty it beforeheand) but that I would need a full one for the 20 week scan x

i had a full bladder for both 12 and 20 weeks scans

i didnt need a full one for my 12wk scan aswell.. i was bursting for a wee then before i even got in the scanning room the woman said empty your bladder if u want.. but i dont think i could fill my bladder up for the 20wk week as ive lost control of it most times thanks to the baby :(

if you are under 12 be weeks they recommend a full bladder! but anything over that should be ok. best of luck huni,

hope all goes well for you! x x x x

thanks guys! il try the full bladder for the scan! i suppose its easier to empty a bladder rather the fill it! :)

You definitely don't need a full bladder for the 20 week scan, your uterus should be well out of your pelvis by then!

^ i agree, but i think i had a full bladder with DDs 20w scan! :)
defo fill it, like u said, its easy to empty :) xxxx

Over here )NZ) full bladders are required for both :(
Have my 20 wk scan on 29th - and confirmation letter requested that I drink 1ltr of water 1 hour before my scan - so I guess I'll just have to practise holding it and hope she doesn't press too hard :)

thanks guys! i was lucky not to wet myself last time.. dreading tryna hold it in this time.. babys always jumping on my bladder! haha

I'm pretty sure its not required. I didn't need a full bladder for all 3 of my 20 week pregnancies.

I got told to empty mine when I got to my 20 week scan, it can make it harder to scan at 20 weeks with a full bladder but you need to for 12 weeks to push the uterus up. It does seem different hospitals say different things though!

In my hospital letter, I was told to have a full bladder at the 12 week scan.
I recently got a letter for my 20 week scan and I do have to have a full bladder for that one too.

Depends on your hospital. If you can't find out beforehand, go to the scan with a full bladder if needed. If it's not needed they'll just tell you to go pee, which I'm sure you'll gladly do :lol: xxx

My letter says if I'm over 14 weeks, a full bladder is not needed x

The leaflets all given to me said no need for a full bladder on any of the scans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back