had my growth scan...plz read....

foxymum

Reaction score
hi girls, sorry for the wait, been really busy & didnt get in last night till 8.30 pm from hosp & was knackered, so apologies for that.

anyway had scan & yes the baby is already 7lb 4 oz :shock: :shock:
going by the measurements, also i do have an increaded amniotic fluid around the baby, which they think could be caused by gestational diabetes.
the sonographer said more worrying though is the fact that the baby is laying accross me (transverse) rather than head down as the midwife said on tues.
i have to have a re scan in 2 wks (38 wks) to check fluid & babys position, but if its still laying like this then they will try to turn him/her, if not then obviously a c-section :shock:
she pointed out the babys hair on the scan , unbelievable really!!!
i think i saw a willy, but we'll have to see!!

had to go & see the diabetes nurse today & this weekend have to test my blood sugar levels with that pen thingy that pricks your finger :shock:
if it shows i have it just in the pregnancy, then i have to have a different diet & stuff.
i just want the baby out now, especially if it is already that big!!
at 38 wk scan if things are still the way they are now then i will ask to be taken in!!

just hope the bugger moves head down, coz i cant have a c-section, my little boy starts school on the 11th sept & i have to drive him there, so i HAVE to aviod a c-section if poss.

sorry for giong on, i'm just glad baby is ok & i will be monitored.
emma.xxx

:hug: Ah babe, try not to worry. He (?) could turn around. My friend was in exactly the same position as you a couple of weeks ago and when she went back baby had turned round. She never even felt it! She's since had an 8 pound baby girl.

They MAY start you early if baby continues to grow, be glad it's a great weight! Hope it works out xxx :)

:hug: :hug:

You'll be fine hun. Even if you do have to have a section, it won't be the end of the world. I'm sure someone will volunteer to drive you and your little boy to school.

My LO is also on the large side, I have a lot of amniotic fluid, and saw loads of hair on the scan on Wednesday!!! I have now got my section booked but they told me they would not do it any earlier than 39weeks even though he is big. :? Oh well, not long left for either of us!

Aww hun, hope LO turns for you.

Keeping my toe & everything corssed for you :pray:

Foxymum, that does all sound a bit scary but really its just exciting because at the end of the day you are having a beautiful baby however and whenever they get here! As Tankett says if you do have a section you will work everthing out and I'm sure you will have many offers of help. If you recover quickly from a ceasarean you can get your doctor to ok you for driving after 3 weeks.

Have a sit on one of those gym balls they are supposed to get the baby to move into the right position :D

i hope all goes ok foxymum. Im sure it will as they are now keeping a close eye on you.
i think ill need a growth scan to in the future so im especially interested. I had one with my second daughter as she was 8Ib 14 and i was measuring bigger too. But im measuring two weeks bigger this time round and its steady not irratic like my daugher was. :hug: you'll be fine.

Awww babes. i hope your baby will turn. But regardless of the position, as long as bubba is all good and healthy, youre blessed! :hug:

dont worry too much, my friends baby diddnt turn until a week before labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back