Had my first physio

Amanda

Reaction score
I had my first physio appointment yesterday morning at the hospital. My physio was lovely. I explained everything to her, and unlike most people, she didn't give me the 'you're pregnant and it's just backache' look, she nodded and said 'I know exactly what that is'. I could have hugged her! :hug: It may sound strange, but I was beginning to hate telling people why I was off work. As soon as I said 'It's my back', their face changed. Now I can actually explain whats causing it. :dance:

Basically, it's the same sort of thing as SPD, except it's manifested itself in my ribs. The hormones have softened the ligaments that join my ribs to my spine, which is why it hurts so much to sit. She has given me some excersises, told me to go and buy a birthing ball to sit on, and wants to see me twice a week until LO is born. She didn't have any appointments left for Monday, so she accompanied me to the reception and insisted they book me an appointment for 8.30am. She said she will see me before her 8.30 that is already booked, and then we can do the same for Thursday. The receptionist told her she was full, and she said 'I don't care, I need to see this lady first thing'! She was great! :lol:

She warned me that what she manipulated yesterday would knock me for six, and she wasn't kidding! I fell sleep for an hour in the afternoon, then again at 7 till 7.50. Then the footie went on and I really tried to stay awake, but I probably only watched about 15 minutes of the whole match!!! I went bed afterwards, and apart from the pee breaks, slept until 5am when DH went to work!

I'm still in pain today, but it doesn't feel so bad. The good news is that she said it will go once LO is born. :dance: :dance:

glad you are getting the help now, people do like to judge when your pregnant dont they!!! You start to think did EVERYONE other then me have aWONDERFUL pregnancy!!

keep doing them exercises .... my ball is from argos only couple of quid!! silver one. xxxx

i can help you with that sweetie..i work at argos..grr even though i hate them at the moment! you need to buy a seperate pump...even the reebok gymball that says it has a pump doesnt its a misprint! a cheap pump that works with it is on page 115..cat number 340/6199 its 4.99 and has the right attachment!

seriously just get the cheap silver one..its the same! the reebok one is a rip off coz it doesnt even come with a pump so u gotta pay even more for a pump!

Fran - you're a star!!! :dance:

I'm waiting for the thunder to stop, then off to get them.

fran_23 said:
seriously just get the cheap silver one..its the same! the reebok one is a rip off coz it doesnt even come with a pump so u gotta pay even more for a pump!

will do :D

when do you start using them?

lol i'm waiting for it to stop so i can go to argos aswell..but to give them a piece of my mind! lol!
glad to hear they know what your backache is btw..its nice to know your not just being a wuss isnt it, coz ppl thought the same about me when i said i had a backache they were like "well yeah course you have your carrying a baby" yeah and you never have so u dont know what its like so feck off! lol

hevwithbump said:
fran_23 said:

will do :D

when do you start using them?

start whenever you want its good when u have pains or to prevent you getting pains so start as early or late as you want to..just rolling it in a circular motion using your hips..if you know what i mean is great for your hips and lower back.

Tankett glad to hear you've been diagnosed - so to speak, I went to the physio a couple of weeks back but I don't I suffer from anything quite as extreme, mine are just the usual pregnancy back problems, got some excercises to do at home as well.

Fran thanks for the argos tip I've been meaning to get a gym / birthing (whatever) ball, will pop down to argos at lunch time for mi ball and pump so I can wriggle away tonight! :dance:

lol argos dont deserve all the extra custom for messing up my maternity pay and causing me extra stress 2 weeks befor emy due date!

but yeah they do have cheap deals..god damn it!

i just got my brother to pump mine up as he works in kwick fit ... can you just use the pump at petrol stations???!!! hehe xxx

We used our bike pump (it is one that stands on the floor and you pull it up and down) to pump ours up. I can definitely second the £3.99 one from Argos. I use it to sit on when I am doing the ironing now and it is so much more confortable than sitting on a chair and I have stopped getting back ache while iron now. I used it yesterday as well to sit on while working on my laptop as I was waiting for the midwife visit on the morning, so I worked from home for a bit. If it wasn't so unweildy I would bring it into work and use it at my desk at work.

Yeah just got back from Argos (off of Oxford street - what a nightmare all them people :roll: !). Got mi ball and pump can't wait to go home and set it up!!! :dance:
Thanks Fran, if it weren't for you I would have been lost re the pump, and very disappointed on getting home to find out I can't use it as I'd got no pump or the wrong one! If you need a recommendation for your work place I'll definately vouch for you hun! :wink:

keely&bump said:
i just got my brother to pump mine up as he works in kwick fit ... can you just use the pump at petrol stations???!!! hehe xxx

yeah! i used to get my space hopper pumped up at the petrol station when i was younger, so you must be able to! saves a few bob as well! 8)

izzyx

Hi there,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your physio, I have trapped a nerve in my back and am in agony :x . I saw my midwife yesterday and she has referred me to the physio at the hospital...they rang me today which was quite a surprise as I thought it would take them ages to get me an appointment....luckily I go for my first session next thurs...I can't wait to get rid of this pain, its driving me mad. I know what you mean when people give you that "look", that also drives me mad....seems at the minute everything is driving me mad...lol.
Anyway hope your next session goes well and the pain soon gets easier or dissapears....take care.. :)
Love n hugs
Claire
xxxxx

Tankett, so pleased you got some answers at last! :cheer:

And made up for you that it should disappear after birth. Hope that will make whats left of your pregnancy a little easier to bear xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back