Had my dating scan! But now can I stop the medication?

Bugsy

Reaction score
So had my dating scan today and I made it to 12 weeks and 1 day!!!

Baby wouldn't stop jumping all over the place!

Because of my history of miscarriages I was put on Cyclogest but the Early Pregnancy Unit (not my GP or my midwife). On my notes it says continue to use until 12 weeks.

I asked the lady doing my scan if that means I can now stop - but she told me to check with my GP - but my GP said the hospital need to tell me because they put me on it!

My original notes do say take till 12 weeks - but I'm just nervous to stop without advice. But no one seems willing to give me the advice!

My consultant said to carry on cyclogest til 16 weeks!! Seems a long time but apparently ther are differing opinions.

She also said I can stop folic acid now if that helps xxx

If I was you I'd ask the exact person who put you on it. Should be in your notes? I would double check. I was told to take cyclizine ( for hyperemesis ) until 18 weeks but I took it until the end lol

I was put on the medicine by the hospital but the EPU - I saw the normal clinic today.

On my notes for my doctor and the repeat prescription it says continue to take until 12 weeks. I'm going to leave a message for my midwife but I think it's safe to come off. I just wanted someone in the medical profession to confirm just in case

I had to stop at 8 weeks which is what my fertility clinic advise.

Strange how we all end up with different advice xx

Yeah it is weird. According to a midwife i saw a few weeks ago, consultants in the same department can have differing views on it, crazy xxx

Last edited:
I've called my midwife to check.

My notes defo say use until 12 weeks so I might not use tonight - I might change my mind by the time I get home! Just don't to do anything wrong lol

I was told to use it until 13 weeks but to wean off it, not to just stop using it completely straight away. So, to use it every day until 12 weeks and then use it every other day until 14 weeks and then stop. You can always ring your EPU and ask the consultant who put it on you to contact you to let you know what they advise xx

Didn't know that unicorn thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back