Had my booking appointment and now have a date for my dating scan

Parker7

Reaction score
Finally - Dating scan 10th May. I should be 13 weeks by then.

My booking appointment went well, it was a lot more thorough than I expected - height, weight, blood pressure, carbon monoxide breath test and then lots of questions.

Only thing was when she took my blood - OUCH! She said "Oh no its blown up" then i looked down and there was a big bulge, so she said she had to put pressure on it for a while and I will have a big bruise tomorrow - She was right....

armbloodtest.jpg

Ouch! What did she mean it's blown up? The vein? Urgh :( exciting about the scan though :) xx

:xOUCH !!! that's awful and I didn't need a reason to avoid needles , I'm the one screaming and running away down the corridor, my nurse will be very lucky to get blood off me now I 've seen what she's done to you. I do hope it's not to painful, at least your got your scan date, yay :dance: just 16 sleeps away .xx

Same thing happened to me...my arm was a mess for a good week after it x

Sorry to frighten you Katey! It doesn't hurt too much, it kind of like a dull ache. It stung when she did it and hurt when she put pressure on. I'm not keen on needles but it wasn't too much for me to take.
Yes, I think she meant the vein. I think missed personally.

Its all good though, yes 16 sleeps! I can't wait to actually see that I'm pregnant as I have no symptoms.

ahh glad all went well ouchy to ya bruise god i hate bloods and needles but i sem to have plenty of kids so hey its not that bad hehe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back