Had my 40 week appointment...

Paula+bump

Reaction score
Went to the birthing unit today for my 40 week appointment this morning and all is ok baby is fine , active and heartbeat is fine which is all good.... was asked if things felt like anything was happening and i said well i have had dull period type pains for last 3 days and the MW offered to do a sweep on me which i was not expecting, so i said why not....

Had the sweep which was a little painful but nothing i could not put up with, and she said the cervix has come forward but she couldn't get 2 fingers in (nice) but said things are looking like they are moving in the right direction she did what she could and said just have to wait and see... so have everything crossed :pray:

Am booked in for another sweep next friday when i will be 41 weeks if this one does not work, so send me lost of labour dust girls please :cheer:

Off for a curry tonight :lol: then home for a massage, and some sex you never know :dance:

Lots of labour dust coming your way, I hope things start happening for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck! Lots of labour dust to you!!
jac xxx :hug:

good luck, think im going ask my mw for one next wed if she aint here by then altho if it works i mite miss the footie.

xxxxx

Paula, good luck honey. This article might give you a few ideas

http://www.treehuggermums.co.uk/article ... article=27

I thought the last sentence of this paragraph was hilarious:!!!!!!!!

Sex
Apparently, there are prostaglandins in semen which can trigger labour, if you are ready to go into labour. Of course it might be the last thing that you feel like doing at 40+ weeks of pregnancy, but if you’re both feeling in the mood then it might be worth a try. One other point though, the prostaglandins are better absorbed through the stomach (although you might want to keep that little bit of information to yourself…)

Am i being really dim? do they mean "through the stomach" as in through the skin or do they mean orally!!!!!?????

Enjoy!!
Alfie

Best wishes and fingers crossed it wont be too long now! Isn't there something about eating pineapple as well which is supposed to help? .....

Paula,

I just wanted to say that whatever happens, it sounds like a fantastic Friday evening you have lined up for yourself there (curry, massage, sex...). Hey, I'd go for all that even if I wasn't pregnant :D

'hope you get to meet your L.O. very soon. xxx

Thanks everyone for the labour dust :hug: :hug:

Well just been for my curry and now back home, i am about to go and have a nice bath and then my hubby is going to give me a nice massage :dance: :dance:

Thanks Alfie :lol: I was sitting with my hubby and he was like see oral it's the best way :rotfl: Men!! But yes my MW gave me a list to work through to try and move things along so we will be giving it all a try, and what with having a sweep you never know, it took 48 hrs to work with my little boy...

Yes X5OT if you eat about 8 fresh pineapples it might work, i will give that a try tomorrow but just the one... don't fancy 8 :shock:

Thanks Wendy has been a great Friday night and it's not over yet :wink: and if baby comes out even better :cheer:

Will keep you updated :dance: off for my bath :cheer:

Good Luck!! Come on baby!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
LaborDust2.gif
dust.gif
LaborDust.gif

LaborDust.gif
dust.gif
LaborDust2.gif

Good luck Paula - hope you're not waiting too much longer now xx

Well all the things i tried last night didn't work :? Was fun though :D

Just been feeling really tired today and have no energy maybe it's my body telling me to rest :think: as the big day is just round the corner fingers crossed :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back