40 week midwife??

Loulabelle

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you get offered a sweep at this appointment? or do they make you wait until 41 wks? I've done a bit of research online and it says that for first timers they recommend a sweep at 40 and another at 41, so I'm wondering whether to expect this on Thurs when I will be 40+1. Thanks x

I had one the day after my due date with my 2nd child. I've got a MW app on the 18th (a day after) this time too, although I'm fairly sure I wont be having a sweep this time, it was a nightmare with my 2nd child :(

Thanks! I'm just not sure how practical it would be at the place where I have my appointment - it's in a Children's Centre with huge windows looking out onto a school playground, and the blinds aren't very good so the room is far from 'private', I'm not even sure if there's a lock on the door. I have a feeling she would be more likely to send me to the hospital for one than do it herself. I just hope she gives me some light at the end of the tunnel! The thought of another 2 weeks is a killer! xx

tell me about it!! :( Every1 was convinced I'd be waaay early because what I do for work, so I feel overdue already before I am!

My last MW came to my house to do the sweep.....my app on the 18th is at my house too. Maybe give urs a ring & ask if she can come to you instead? x x

Me too, been getting told since I was 32 wks that there was no way I'd go full term, yet here I am 2 days off my due date! People should just keep these predictions to themselves as I bloody believed them!

I don't think she'd come to me as I have moved house and am too far away for her to visit :( I will just waddle on and keep hoping for a sign xx hope things get moving for you too xx

YES!!! they should!!! Also the ones that keep saying "still with us then?"......feel like screaming back "I'm not bloody due yet!!!!!"

Anyway, will be keeping an eye out for an update! ;) good luck x x x

I have never had a sweep before as I have always been induced or gone early so this is the furthest I have ever got to in a pregnancy so new territority for me. I am getting a sweep tomorrow so 1st one ever for me but mine is for control reasons as strange as that sounds so i have a bit of warning that labour could happen. I will be interested to hear what a sweep is like as i'm a bit scared of having it done to be honest.

I have never had a sweep before as I have always been induced or gone early so this is the furthest I have ever got to in a pregnancy so new territority for me. I am getting a sweep tomorrow so 1st one ever for me but mine is for control reasons as strange as that sounds so i have a bit of warning that labour could happen. I will be interested to hear what a sweep is like as i'm a bit scared of having it done to be honest.

I think you'll be the one telling us. I reckon I've got another week before I even get offered one so I will be seeking advice/info from you MOM. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back