Had my 20 week scan on Weds and...

Binzy

Reaction score
It's a boy! :) I was in shock! Everyone was telling me it was a girl and I'd wanted a girl but my OH was so so so pleased it was a boy! Still coming to terms with the fact that it's a boy but the scan was so reassuring.
My mum even came from England as she wanted to see too. The Dr was really nice and said she couldn't come in for the whole thing but she could come at the end and he would show her the baby (I think he wanted to show off his English too!). It was so sweet and everything is fine, we're both very happy but I still can't get my head around the fact that it's a boy.
Still not feeling any movement yet but the dr said that was normal on my first pregnancy and something should start happening in a couple of weeks.
Let the name war commence!! :dance:

Aaaw :yay: I bet it was lovely to see baby again after all the worries you had initially. You'll come to terms with being in team blue I'm sure :love: x

That's the thing Princess, everytime I go for a scan I'm petrified they're going to tell me something horrible.
It was such a relief to find out everything is ok. How are you feeling?

Congratulations :) Everyone is telling me I ma having a boy - they are all convinced! I have got my 20 week scan on Fri but we are leaving it a secret x

You have more patience than me Kelly, I couldn't wait to find out!

That's the thing Princess, everytime I go for a scan I'm petrified they're going to tell me something horrible.
It was such a relief to find out everything is ok. How are you feeling?

I'm ok ta, can't wait for my 12 week scan to see it again, first one didn't seem real even tho I heard it's heartbeat. However, we are strictly team yellow ;)
Well your 20 weeker is the clearest scan, if there was anything untoward then it would have been picked up on there and then. I'm sure your little man is just perfect xxx

You're right, and he was looking for ages before he spoke so I'm pretty sure he had a thorugh check.
The next few weeks will fly by and you'll soon be on your 12 week scan, well done you for having the patience to wait too!

Welcome to the team blue! I am told boys are fun, and less expensive! :)
Did the doctor not show you the boy bits?

Trust me, its better not to feel too much, when my boy starts kicking my bladder, I'd like not to feel it!

Last edited:
Welcome to the team blue! I am told boys are fun, and less expensive! :)
Did the doctor not show you the boy bits?

Trust me, its better not to feel too much, when my boy starts kicking my bladder, I'd like not to feel it!

I agree with the fun bit but the less expensive thing im unsure about hunny especially as they start to get older, football kits, named clothes, trainers, football boots. My little one is three next month and loves his football, the amount of times hes been playing in the garden and hes ruined his trainers or put a hole in his kit and ive been told it only gets worse! x x

People keep telling me boys are less complicated and more affectionate with their mums too.
The dr did show me the boy bits (what I could understand of them!).

I'm getting a bit impatient to feel a kick but the scan reassured me loads.

I just need to let it all sink in I think. Some days I don't even believe I'm pregnant and others I'm like...whoooah! in four month's time I'm going to have a baby....madness!

I think the position of the placenta can also influence when you feel the little one kick. One of the girls at work only really felt hers from 21 weeks because of this x

Aww congrats. I love the way you've used your pregnancy test as your avatar! x

I think the position of the placenta can also influence when you feel the little one kick. One of the girls at work only really felt hers from 21 weeks because of this x

Thanks, I guess we're all different!

Aww congrats. I love the way you've used your pregnancy test as your avatar! x

Thanks after a 13 month wait it was a life changing moment. I'm so glad I took a pic of it as it faded so soon! Quite cheeky of it considering how much it cost :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back