Had my 16 week midwife appointment

DW1978

Reaction score
As the title says really, I had my 16 week midwife check today. She checked my blood pressure and urine, both of which were fine and she also took my bloods to have screenign for downs. Although, I'm not worried about the results now as my obs already told me we are very low risk from our scan :dance:.

I got to hear babies heartbeat for the first time, although he/she was a little pickle and kept moving around so the midwife was finding it hard to get a reading that lasted longer than a few seconds!! When she finally trapped him/her it was 155bmp.

We booked in all my appointments (32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39 and 40 weeks) with her right up until 40 weeks which just seems so surreal as the dates are so far away!!

Ooooo great news hun. Can't believe you got all your appointments booked in! How great is that! I think I'd freak out a little if I saw them all written down with dates and times etc!! lol xxxx

That's good! Wow all your appointments booked till you give birth, that must be strange! Do you not see midwife til 32 weeks now? So different everywhere, I don't get 16 week appointment but get a 24 and 28 week one!

great news hon!! :) Fantastic that you got all your appointments booked in advance like that x x

That's good! Wow all your appointments booked till you give birth, that must be strange! Do you not see midwife til 32 weeks now? So different everywhere, I don't get 16 week appointment but get a 24 and 28 week one!

I am seeing my GP at 24 weeks and then the MW again at 28 weeks but she needs to sent me my appointment in the post as I will be having the glucose test which takes all morning.

This is our list of care:

Pre-12 weeks - GP to be referred to M and OBS
Pre-12 weeks - MW for booking in
12 weeks - OBS for dating scan
16 weeks - MW for downs screening
20 weeks - OBS for anomoly scan
24 weeks - GP
28 weeks - MW for antinatal clinic and GTT if needed
30 weeks - GP
32 weeks - MW
34 weeks - MW
36 weeks - MW
37 weeks - MW
38 weeks - MW
39 weeks - MW
40 weeks - MW
41 weeks - If overdue, see OBS to discuss induction of labour

Thanks for the details DW. Looks like it is very similar to what I am having too...

Will be having my 16 week appointment on the 19th and I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat.... Seeing it is one thing but hearing it will be a completely different thing...

Am so glad that everything is going well for you.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back