16 week midwife appointment

muppetmummy

Reaction score
I saw the midwife today for the first time since 8 weeks.
She took my blood pressure and tested my wee, all fine.
I also had my bloods taken (inc test for risk of baby having downs or spinadifida). Wasn't bothered by it as I've given blood a few times in the past and it was nothing in comparison!
I told her that my SPD had been playing up but isn't too bad at the moment, she says if it gets worse she can get me an appointment with the physio.
After waiting so long for the appointment it was a bit of an anticlimax! I didn't even get to hear baby's heart beat.
I think I'm going to get a doppler after all as I won't see the midwife again till 28 weeks.
The next big event is the anomoly scan at around 20 weeks.

Glad everything is ok. :hug: :hug:

Hope your spd doesn't play up too much

I was really hoping i would get to hear the babys heartbeat at the 16 week appointment. Ive heard that some midwifes think its too early which is a shame.

Glad everything else is fine though. Its not long till you will be 20 weeks have you got your scan date yet?

The midwife said she'd send off the paperwork for the anomoly scan today, so I should get an appointment in the post soon :dance:

Glad everything went fine. I had a MW appointment at 11 weeks and i dont see her again till 25 weeks so ure lucky lol

i was 13 wks on my 1st antenatel visit and i requested to heart baby hb. she said it may be early but i will try and there it was. m/w said usually start to hear from 14 wks. i have got a doppler now for reassurance to kicks are regular and strong.

marie x
19+1

I had my 16 week midwife appt today as well :)

I did get to hear the hearbeat... loud and clear.... the midwife said baby was happily moving around.. (I didn't want to tell her that baby was possibly experiencing sugar rush as I'd fancied a packet of starburst 15mins earlier :rotfl: )

I still have the blood pressure of an 18 year old.. yay

Don't have to go back and see her till week 25 now.. but have 20 week scan first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back