Had First Antenatal Class Last Night

LucyAnn

Reaction score
and surprisingly it was ok! :)

Apart from me n mom showing up at 7 which is what my MW told me (didnt start till 7.30pm) but another couple had been told 6.30pm!! omg!!

was really busy, everyone was with there partner and looked happy. While we were waiting, a lady said OMG i left it so late for this class (She did look massive) and i said well when you due and she said end Nov. **silence** when are you due Lucy ' in 3 weeks'
OMG 3 weeks you only look like 20 weeks max!

*cough cough biatch lol!!:bum:

I felt like a fraud sitting there 'not really showing lol' but trying to look on the positive, i can still put me shoes on by myself :dance: think everyone there had approx 10 weeks to go and was really intresting seeing other bumps and hearing other peoples fears etc everyones bump was atleast 5 times as big as mine and my mom was worried people would think she was the pregnant one :dohh:. And it was really funny as my mom started answering peoples questions which when someone asked about epidural and my mom was saying how they had promised her one then was too late to have one in the end, well i shouldn't laugh but the look on some peoples faces of horror :rofl:

First of all we sat in groups and wrote a list of everything we wanted to learn or ask etc.

Then 'Mira' talked us through all the stages of labour and what to expect etc never knew there was so much. Then she tried to answer our questions but 90% of them she just said 'I will tell you next week' important ones like when the hospital closes how to get in and what you have to bring with you for baby,,, pain relief??? etc.

And I was just thinking, I may not be at class next week it may be too late lol:shock:

I call the teacher Mira as she looked and was exactly like MIRA of Fat Fighters little Britain hahahhaha Curry Curry? she also got a 'fake' baby and showed us how it comes out the pelvis OUCH :eh: and was funny when she kept describing the waters beaking as GUUUUUUUSH lol!

I was really proud in the end to have had me mommy there, think she found it intresting as so much has changed and was dead pround how she was trying to reassure people too .

Next week is labour ward tour and all those answers that she said ' I will tell you next week'. The the last one is bathing the baby and putting nappies on (I will prob skip that one even if baba aint here before then!)

So it is lighthearted bit of fun, reasurred me alittle too as i have been panicking thinking oh god i may go to sainsburys one day and just end up having baby there. But i now know how your meant to get Show - Waters - Contractions which happens over many hours and days although every labour is different :)

xxxxxxxx

Glad it went ok. I get a similar reaction to my bump size too! Shows how different we all are! Funny about your mum giving advice and mira being like fat fighters lady! That's all I would have been thinking about lol!

Hahaha Mira! Love it! "I just love a bit of cake"
Glad u enjoyed it!

Hahaha Mira! Love it! "I just love a bit of cake"
Glad u enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU