Had an accident

Tonks

Reaction score
Went out last night with my sister and Niamh for dinner. Was about 6pm, roads were clear and dry, not a flake on them. Snow shower came in suddenly (as it can do in the Highlands!) so we turned around for home. Snow stopped after about 15mins though, so it was just powder lying on the roads. We were also familiar with the roads.

Sister took a corner at about 20mph and the car just went from under her. Must have been ice on the roads. We know the road well, it's high up dotted with ravines and lochs. I remember thinking 'is it the ditch or the ravine? Are we going to roll down it and die out here?' saw it was the ditch (about 4/5 foot deep) and felt relieved for some reason! I remember feeling very resigned to the fact we were going in, and it was going to hurt.

Car went in, and flipped and landed on mine and Niamh's side. Wasn't fully upside down, but at a very strange angle. My window was in the ditch, and part of the roof. It was sort of leaning on the roof but not fully on it.

Nim started screaming and I've never heard her like that. Was convinced she'd hurt herself really badly. :cry:

To top it off, the ditch was full of water so the car started filling with water. It was slow, but it was coming through the top and bottom of the doors. My sister was in shock and wasn't moving or talking so I had to shout her to open her door and turn her engine off. Took both of us to open the door though due to the angle.

We were literally in the middle of nowhere and there was no mobile signal. Had seen a phonebox a mile or so back but thankfully, a car came round the corner after 10mins. Nim stopped crying as soon as we got her out of the car and started giggling and laughing.

It was a family that stopped, and took us back to theirs. Doctor was called round and the farmer next door went to go get the car out with a winch. Everyone was fine, just some bruises. My sister doesn't remember the accident at all though as she was in shock. :(

Could have been so, so much worse but someone must have been looking out for us last night.

Tonks, that sounds horrific! :hug: I'm just so very glad that you're all ok !

I feel awful today, really upset and feel in a funny mood and I was fine yesterday. I guess because I was looking after Nim and my sister. Think it's just hit me today :( We got home at 5am and went straight to bed so didn't really digest it I guess.

:hug: I would be feeling more than a bit "funny" :hug: You poor thing :( Car accidents of any sort are horrendous...the shock is probably just hitting you now that you've "relaxed".

Try and take it easy, sweetie. Warm tea, sugar , milk...and talk about it if it's still bothering you :hug:

:hug: oh my gosh hun how awful :(

im so glad you are ok!!!

How awful!! So glad no one was hurt. You'll prob feel strange for few days but just be nice to yourself for a while. Here if u wanna chat x

I shivered reading that, so glad you are all ok - someone was watching out for you for sure :hug:

:cry: Oh sweetheart how awful :hug:

I am so glad you are all ok xoxoxoox

oh hun how horrible! So glad to hear you're all alright!! And im glad you were saved by someone! Its def hits you more the next day. It hit me when I phoned the insurance company and the woman was so nice and sympathetic and asked if I was alright. I had to end the call and call back later!

Look after yourself this evening hun, :hug: try not to think too much about the 'could have been's, you're all well and fine, your sister wasnt driving too fast and you had seatbelts and carseats, its not just luck that you're okay.

OMG
how terrible hun. so glad that all caome out safely! your poor sister xx

Oh my goodness hun!! Your life must have flashed before your eyes!! I'm so glad no one was injured, you were all very lucky to come out unscaved. How are you feeling now? xx

OMG, bless you!! So glad you are all ok. It may take days to properly digest it and get your head round thins. And thank God for the family that arrived when they did. Big :hug:to you, Niamh and your sister x x

omg that sounds terrible! So glad that you're all OK, try to take it easy if you can, these things often don't hit home until the adrenaline wears off, don't be surprised if you feel teary or upset, just go with it and don't bottle anything up. Don't dwell on what might have been, and allow yourself the time you need to get over it....so glad you're ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back