Had a great time!

Yvonne

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post it, so i am posting it everywhere!! Lol

I got the pleasure of meeting Kim yesterday (17th Nov) at the trafford centre, we have been talking on the forum since the beginning of pregnancy and we are both due on the same day, we had become good friends so thought it would be good to meet face to face.

I had a really good time, it was like meeting a friend i have known for years. (Kim might have different views though!!) :lol:

We live a fair distance apart so we will meet again in Feb just after the babies are born for another afternoon.

I would recommend it to anyone who is friendly on the forum, it gives you chance to let off steam and have a good chin wag. Our OH's seemed to get on great as well.

:D :D

I would just like to add that I thought it was a really positive experience and wanted to let people know that it can work out meeting someone over the net. I feel like we've been mates for years and if it wasn't for the forum, we'd never have met. Our babies are due on the same day so I'm hoping they can be friends too. Has anyone else on here met up?

aahhh - that's really lovely! I wish I had a pregnant friend nearby!! I met some pregnant ladies at the workshop today, but they all live in Cape Town (nearly 3hour drive from me). I don't know any pregnant women where I live!
So glad you made friends!
Emilia xx

I know how you feel, emilia...I don't know any Irish Moms to be on here... It would be nice to make some friends from the forum that you don't only meet online!

Sue

That's awesome that you two were able to meet!

I'm a mod at another forum with some ladies I've grown close with since the first tri with Ava. We're planning a meet for next year hopefully!

Hi Amber

Just noticed you are in Scotland at the moment and remebered that your husband comes from Edinburgh. Are you in Edinburgh just now? Will you be spending Christmas here?

I met up with Kelly from on here a few weeks ago - it was lovely to sit and chat about our pregnancies etc and it felt like we had known each other for years.

Totally recommend it!!

We live 3 hours apart, we decided to meet in a mutual place, but as it happened Kims OH had to visit family who don't live too far from me, so she made the bit of the extra journey (bless her) but next time we are going to meet in meadow Hall, which is roughly 1 hour away from us both so it is a little more even.

I think it has made alot of difference as we can actually relate now we have seen each other, we are alot more relaxed with what we say and it is easier to talk about our OH's as we actually know what they are like!!!

:D :D :D :D

I can't wait til the next meeting when we have the babies, hopefully they can be friends too!! :D

I second that Kerry, it was so lovely to meet you and get good advice face to face. Hoping you are still up for meeting again soon.

PS We now have names sorted:

Ellen Jessica Stewart

Or (just on case that :D cord was a willy.......) :lol:

Oakley Morgan Stewart

(start dreaming) Wish the whole forum could meet up that would be sooooo cool! (end dreaming)

kellysomer said:
(start dreaming) Wish the whole forum could meet up that would be sooooo cool! (end dreaming)

lol kelly a few of us were talking bout this in the chat room a while ago...we should have a pregnancy forum day out at........Alton Towers!!!!! lmao now that would get labour started for many of you!! ha ha ha can you imagine that!!!

Oh yeah i remember that chat! Lol

Didn't someone suggest we wear "i go on the pregnancy forum" T shirts or something like that so we know who is part of the clan!

That would be a great day out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back