Great day out!!!

Yvonne

Reaction score
Well yesterday 17th Nov, i finally had the pleasure of meeting kim face to face. :D

We have been talking on the forum since the start of pregnancy and both become quite good friends. We are both due on the same day which is great as we can compare bumps.
We thought it would be nice if we could meet up and finally have a proper chat, and i really enjoyed it! (kim might have different views!!) :lol:
We met at the Trafford centre with our partners (who also got on really well) we had some lunch, did a bit of shopping and just had a good old chin wag.

I would recommend it to anyone, it was like meeting with a friend i had known for years, not awkward in any way.

We are meeting up again in Feb after the babies are born, we live about 3 hours drive apart so we can't just nip out for a drink, but when we do meet it's good fun!! :D

I would just like to add that I thought it was a really positive experience and wanted to let people know that it can work out meeting someone over the net. I feel like we've been mates for years and if it wasn't for the forum, we'd never have met. Our babies are due on the same day so I'm hoping they can be friends too. Has anyone else on here met up?

i too was supposed to meet someone but it never happened....shame!

If I was with my ex still I would have met you at the Trafford Centre as well :) I love it there, that's about the only thing I miss :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would love to meet up with someone but i dont know anyone who lives near me.

unless people want to meet at Brighton. but that would have to be after the baby is born for me now. So if anyone wanted to meet up after the end of january in Brighton it would be great.

we going shopping in brighton, i shall let you know when were next down there. even go to eastbourne once in a blue moon lol

hi

Elaine that would be great. Joshua could meet his future bride, dont tell Steph though. lol

x

Me and Ragna live not far from eachother and we still all haven't met!! :lol: Going to after her bump is born though. Can't wait.

Maybe we should set up a meeting board on the forum for those who want to arrange a get together?

Good idea Sami. It would be lovely to meet up, i know some of us live quite far from each other though.

you werent meant to read that Steph lol.

x

I can't drive but OH offered to take me.

I was going to get the train or bus there but he booked the day off.
Try and meet in a mutual place, somewhere in the middle, that way no one has to go miles out!!

We made a date and stuck to it so that it would actually happen- we are definately going to do it again as it has brought us closer as friends in general.

It's worth it if you can stick to your plans, and it gives you an excuse to get out!

I say if you're in the same country and you want to meet up, go for it!!

ive met up with mel whos baby is bryce she lives in devon and i recently went there on hols we had a great day and then last weekend she came to stay at my house with her husband and baby of course!we had a great weekend she to is like my new best mate its like ive known her for yrs hopefully she will move abit nearer as i doont drive and 4 hours is a long way for a cuppa or a glass of wine :D :D

Good on ya!!!

It's worth the journey, especially if you have been speaking for a while on the forum.
Just nice to have a proper chat.

I hope it was a nice brew when you got there! Lol

:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27