gyno appointment after first miscarriage

sazlou92

Reaction score
Got a letter through the post yesterday with an appointment at the gyno clinic on 1st September.

Had my dating scan on 13th June and was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. Started spotting on 16th June. Then had another scan on 18th June in order to recommend best option for management. Everything was still in the same place..Sonographer spent a lot of time looking around.

I miscarried naturally on 20th June. I have to ring up EPU with result of pregnancy test 3 weeks after miscarriage. Nobody told me anything about having any more appointments. Is it routine to have a gyno appointment after a miscarriage or do you think they found something wrong on my scan?

Last edited:
I didn't have an appointment after my first hun, i had one fter my 3rd mc.
I wouldn't worry to be honest, maybe your hospital/doctors are just really good!

How far along were you? I know someone who had a missed miscarriage and found out at 20 week scan and then she got referred straightaway as it's less common and i think they do tests xxx

I had a gynae appointment after my mmc at 20+3, first loss after a healthy baby. They had taken lots of bloods from me and we had consented to a post mortem for my little girl. At the appointment the consultant went over all my medical history, previous pregnancy and results of the blood test and post mortem. They may have spotted something, but you may also have triggered some criteria for referral by gestation etc. If nothing else its a good opportunity to ask all those questions that eat away at you. How are you doing? x

It hurts so much because it was my first pregnancy. I had a private scan at 7+2 and could only see a yolk sac. They couldn't tell me if the pregnancy was viable so I was rescanned at 8+6. I saw my baby and the heartbeat. Measured 6+6 which was put down to late ovulation and implantation.

At my dating scan. I should have been 10+4 by the means
measurement I was given. I measured 8+6.

All the info I have found says you see a consultant after recurrent miscarriage or after a late miscarriage which makes me think they found something wrong with me.

I was 10+4 when i had my mmc, so sorry hun :(

Maybe you could go online, it might be that your area gets better service like the postcode lottery thing. If you're worried, you should call on monday and just ask if it's routine or if there is a reason they're doing it. Xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back