Gutted... Anyone had this experience

bunny123

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this same experience whether a good or bad outcome.
I am currently 7.1 weeks pregnant, I had a scan at 5.6 weeks and saw a heart beat, then a few days ago I had some cramps and spotting, today I had a scan and they could only see a slight flicker, they couldn't confirm it was a proper heart beat but couldn't say I had definately miscarried. I am being rescanned on Wednesday. They said maybe it will be fine but they are not sure
Anyone else had this? Whether is was ok or not would love to hear any other experiences?
Thanks

Not had this experience with any of my five losses. I just wanted to say I hope everything works out well for you xx

I was told this at around 6 weeks was scanned at 8 weeks and all was fine

I have no experience of this but didn't want to read and run. Rest up and positive vibes coming your way for Wednesday.

Amy x

I have no experience of this but didn't want to read and run. Rest up and positive vibes coming your way for Wednesday.

Amy x

My experience was different but I hope everything works out ok for you

thinking of you xx

5.6 weeks is very early to see anything. Bleeding can be normal throughout some pregnancies, so take faith that at least they saw something. Can you ask them to do bloods to check that your hcg levels are doubling at a normal rate? Rest up and take care of yourself. I'm sure wee bean is developing just as it should xx

I guess what's upsetting me most is at 5.6 weeks the heart beat was easy to see, and at 7.1 weeks they could only just see a flicker but could not say it was definately a heart beat, they said it could be alright but it could be a miscarriage happening, the sonographer said she had seen this happen before and not give up hope but realistically I can't see how this will be a positive outcome x

Not had the heart beat experience but at my first scan at 6 weeks I measured 4.5 weeks and no heart beat could be seen. I soon caught up and at 13 weeks I measured spot on and agsin at 20 weeks spot on. At the time I asked how I could be so far behind and why there wasn't a heart beat when I was definitely in my mind 6 weeks and a few days. I was told its very hard to see and measure properly so early on which is why they do the dating scan at 12 weeks and not earlier. It is very possible they couldn't measure accurately today due to babies position and maybe that was hiding the heart beat too? I don't kniw for sure hun I'm just summising but I don't think you should give up hope yet. I know it's hard to wait and you are trying to make sense of things but hopefully you will see more at your next scan. Spotting is very common I've had spotting and all is fine. Fx for you xx

Thanks for the stories, makes me feel slightly more hopeful that maybe it won't be bad news..

I've started having more back pain and cramps and more red spotting I'm guessing this is it? :(

Unfortunately I started having horrible cramps last night, bleeding and passing clots so I'm guessing I'm miscarrying? Don't have my pregnancy symptoms anymore either. I'm having a scan tomorrow (Wednesday) to see if anything is there anymore. I'm just gutted

Thank you everyone xx I'm ok, just wishing this was over.
Anyone know how long the bleeding and cramps last?

Mine lasted about a week. Had random aches and pains all over for about a week after. Take time to recover. My mc happened 34 days ago and I am still struggling tbh... Sending you lots of love and hugs, it is not easy but with each day that passes, the pain eases a little x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back