Gtt...how long does it take?

Emmamb

Reaction score
I've got my gtt next Friday and was wonderin how long it takes,My appts at 9 am
but I live 25 mins away from the hospital and if I don't eat within 20 mins of gettin up I start feeling really sick so I'm a bit concerned as to how long I'm gonna b stuck at the hospital whilst I'm feelin rubbish.

Also,is it a droplet test they do to test my blood sugar or r they gonna take a tube full? xxx

it takes 2 hours hun, and its tubes full! they take your blood at 9 and then get you to drink the stuff, then take it again at 10, and then at 11! its not as bad as you think it'll be tho xx

I'm worried il pass out if they try and take blood when I've got an empty stomach :/ xx

Glucose tolerance test xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not every1 gets offered the test...I'm at high risk cos of my bmi and family history of diabetes xxx

I had it done but i just had to go for a blood test an hour after i'd had breakfast and then went home. Then a couple of weeks later had it done again x

i had to be at the hosp at 8.30am.... had bloods taken then, asked to sit in the waiting room and only drink water until 10.30am... called back in, bloods taken & then could go home, to be honest i though it would be harder than it was not eating, but it was fine,

she did my 28wk bloods as well so i had 4 bottles taken at the 1st part, and only 1 at the end :)

good luck hun,

xxx

I got to the hospital for 8.30, had my 28 weeks bloods and initial GTT bloods taken. Sat in the waiting room and drank the bottle of lucozade then times exactly one hour from finishing drink and had next set of bloods taken and that was it...about 2 hours in total.
Good luck - Unfortunately my results came back high and I am on insulin injections 3 times a day, things we go through *rolls eyes*

good to get checked tho Emma, hope your ok, make sure you take a book , thats a while waiting, might take your mind off sickness a bit

I'm gonna take some magazines...that's the 1 thing the letter tells me lol. Ideally I'd just take my phone but the antenatal clinic is a signal blackspot :( xx

think you feel ok casue the sugar in the lucozade keeps u going but id suggest eating before riving anywhere i had my sister to drive me just in case i felt wozy but i was fine xx

i had to be at the hosp at 8.30am.... had bloods taken then, asked to sit in the waiting room and only drink water until 10.30am... called back in, bloods taken & then could go home, to be honest i though it would be harder than it was not eating, but it was fine,

she did my 28wk bloods as well so i had 4 bottles taken at the 1st part, and only 1 at the end :)

good luck hun,

xxx

I had the same had anc apptmnt at 9 and i passed out cos was hungry but cld only have water try to eat something later on to keep u going as u dont have to fast til midnight something with slow releae in if id done this i prob would have been ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back