Grrr - so annoyed

mandspice

Reaction score
Why do people always think they know what's best for your baby..??

I mentioned to my gay friend that I'm not sure whether I'll breastfeed or not yet and he said:

"You MUST breastfeed!!! Its scientifically proven that it will improve your child's health, immune system and intelligence!!! There are no disadvantages to it apart from sore nipples and the slight inconvenience of it. Bottle feeding only 'works better' for lazy mums who are more concerned with have an easy life than their baby's health. So there."

:evil:

I'm so insulted and angry - I'd like to see him try breastfeeding!!!

:shock: :evil: thats awful. i cant stand it when people do that!

AND bottle feeding certainly is not for an easy life its bladdy hard washing sterilising making up bottles and storing milk and cooled boiled water etc.

i bottle fed my 1st tried breastfeeding my 2nd but couldnt coz she was prem and couldnt latch on so ended up bottle feeding again.

Im quite insulted that some people think that way :(

You know what i do, look the other way and IGNORE THEM.
I'm sick and teird of getting upset be other peoples remarks over my choice to breastfeed, i told my mum that i am going to try it this time round as i didnt with Harrison to which she said " oh you will never do it, it's not for you" WTF she breastfed 3 of her children!!!

Everyone has their own opinions and at the end of the day only you and daddy bear know what is best for you as a family.

That would make me mad!!!! It's your choice as to what you want to do, there is an enormous pressure on mums to breast feed nowadays and if you are unable to do it you shouldn't be made to feel guilty about it. I'd have gone mental if anyone said that to me!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

mandspice said:
Bottle feeding only 'works better' for lazy mums who are more concerned with have an easy life than their baby's health. So there."

:roll: If I was breast feeding I could have saved an hour today that I spent washing and sterilising bottles for the day!

there's no such thing as an easy life with a newborn!

grrrrrr!!! I agree with Miss Sara...if you can ignore it!!! People like that are not worth giving a reaction to.
:evil:

He's ignorant and obviously knows nothing about babies - do what you want to do.

Idiot :twisted: has no idea My sister would verify bottle feeding takes alot of time preparations.

He has no idea of how it really feels to do either :roll: so he has no right to judge or have a go at you :shakehead:

repsectfully tell him to shove his ADVICE where the sun dosnt shine :wink: :lol: and then ignore him and do what is best for you and your baby :hug:

sarah :wave:

:evil: :evil: Just ignore him, you do what you want to do. What the f*ck does he know anyway :roll:

Whilst breast feeding can have alot of benefits I dont see the problem in ppl wishing to make the choice to bottle feed... Its like you're feeding them liquidised crack or something...

Alot of women feel like bad mothers if they do not produce enough milk, are in pain, or sometimes the milk simply does not come in and sometimes mothers DO need a break but whats the harm in that?

I think everyone always has something to say, oh don't do this don't do that dont buy that don't buy this! Oh why don't you just fuck off and leave us to it!

It's us that have to raise these littlelens, get up at all hours, go through the pain of labour NOT THEM so you do your thing honey and anyone that wants to judge can take a flying jump ;)

x :hug:

get some bulldog clips and hang a screaming baby-doll off his nips, ban him from booze and everything else then he *might* be allowed a small comment

some of us get no choice ! my milk tried up at 3 weeks cos leland was such a laxy feeder :cry: id love to be still breastfeeding ! im so fed up of sterilsing lol

although he probably should/could have worded it correctly.. maybe he was generalising when he said what he did.. i have to agree with him.. he hasnt said anything out of place really.. breastfeedings the hardest thing ive ever ever done in my life.. but my god its worth it.. the bond i have with edward is soooo strong.. he comes to me for comfort and for food.. its amazing.

ultimatly its your choice.. and i think you have shown by your reaction that you probably wont breastfeed..so its up to you really. the advise is there, and the support if you look for it breastfeeding is the best thing for your baby but whatever you decide its your baby and your choice.. even if you can manage to feed your baby for a few days you are giving it the best start any mother could give.. one mouthfull of colostrums better than none.. good luck with what you decide xx

What is it about getting pregnant that suddenly makes you like public property? Must do this, mustn't do that!

I plan to breastfeed but if I can't do it, I can't do it, and that's that.

If you want, you can steal my line, and that is: "Well, you sound like you've got a good handle on things, so I'm sure you can put it into practice when you've had your own baby." :D

:rotfl: Way to go Sparky! Breastfeeding is an enormous commitment on so many levels!

And Midna's right too - try breastfeeding in a cafe. People are more tolerant these days but when I did it 9 years ago anyone would think I'd got my tits out for the fun of it! And shopping centres provide those horrible little rooms in the toilets for feeding - well would you eat your dinner in the toilet because I certainly wouldn't!

It's impossible to get it right - whatever you do someone will have something to say. Stuff the lot of them - do what you think is best. There's more to being a mother than breastmilk, believe me.

lisa&alex said:
i have to agree with him.. he hasnt said anything out of place really

gaybestfriend said:
Bottle feeding only 'works better' for lazy mums who are more concerned with have an easy life than their baby's health. So there."

And it's comments like the above that really piss me off :roll: Breastfeeding is great and although I part managed with Jack and will def be trying with my next it's a choice you should make if your happy to breastfeed and if not then bottle next best thing. Don't let narrow minded people make you feel guilty. :?

Sweetcheeks24 said:
lisa&alex said:
i have to agree with him.. he hasnt said anything out of place really

gaybestfriend said:

And it's comments like the above that really p*ss me off :roll: Breastfeeding is great and although I part managed with Jack and will def be trying with my next it's a choice you should make if your happy to breastfeed and if not then bottle next best thing. Don't let narrow minded people make you feel guilty. :?

:clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back