• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grrr, getting fed up with DH

DW1978

Reaction score
Last night I asked DH to build the cot. Did he? No! I'm getting fed up with nagging him about stuff that needs doing round the house and nothing getting done. He had the cheek to say to me why are you getting so impatient? Er, hello!! We've only got 6 weeks or so left!! So, I've decided today that I'm going to have a go myself!! I've had to print some similar cot instructions off the internet as our cot was second hand 6 years ago and we've lost the instructions for it. Luckily it had a Cosatto label on it so I've printed instructions off for a similar Cosatto cot. We've also got two chests of drawers that the drawers have fallen apart and I've been asking him to bring wood glue home from work with no luck. So, I'm off to B&Q after work to buy wood glue too and I'm going to be fixing those myself too. Plus, I accidentally knocked a piece of skirting board off the wall with the hoover and I've banged my toe on it twice in the last two weeks. One time I cut my little toe quite badly. So, I will be sticking that back on with wood glue too!!

No need to reply, I was just getting so frustrated with him and needed somewhere to rant.

Glad it's not just my OH!

Perhaps if he sees that you mean business and are doing it yourself, he'll quite rightly feel guilty and take over!

He should do, but I bet he wont!! I thought that when I climbed the ladder and went up to the attic and went through all the boxes to find all Lennons baby stuff - took me a good couple of hours and I was knackered after. He came up and said I don't think you should be doing this! but he never once offered to help or take over. I did make him bring it all down though.

He keeps saying to me that I shouldn't be carrying shopping bags or running up our stairs and things like that but I've noticed he never says it when I'm cleaning and hoovering (and carrying the hoover upstairs and downstairs!!).

:hug:

My OH has been the same, he is doing things but only in his own time. There is no urgency with him. We dont even have any names yet, coz he keeps changing his mind and the other day he said "the baby's not even here yet" as if we've only to pick a name when baby arrives :mad:

I would do the same if I was you - mind you...you dont want to do too much, or he might say your able and can do other things in the future! :oooo:

I was just thinking that, don't become too independent cause he is a man and won't see it as you proving a point he will just be pleased he doesn't have to do any of it himself! If he thinks you can do all the DIY he will be less inclined to bother in the future!

I maintain that men can't get it into their thick heads that there is actually a BABY ON THE WAY! The big bump should be a good clue but noooooo :roll:
My o/h keeps reminding me that it's ages away yet, and doesn't see the need for us to have ANY clothes for the baby before he/she arrives :wall: I have (needless to say) purchased a secret stash thank god.
Maybe it just doesn't seem real to them?? They just don't seem to see the need to have stuff sorted prior to the baby arriving
:hug: I hope when he sees you working away at it that it gives him the boot in the bum that he needs. Men are so annoying x

lol my OH is a builder and does loads round the house x when i said we may have as little as 6 weeks till baby comes, due to low placenta, he nearly cacked himself and said hed better get sorting babies room out. so im keeping fingers crossed that will be this weekend.

Hope your DH gets his finger out either that or put some wood glue between his bum cheeks while hes asleep x x

I Always build stuff, because my husband is RUBBISH at DIY! I Like the sense of achievement when his shelves fall down & all my pictures, units, beds are still standing :lol:

I just don't even bother asking or telling my OH, I just get on with it myself and let him feel guilty! Nothing would get done in my house otherwise! (ok he is away 6 months of the year so have no choice!). Thing is I'm get so annoyed just now when I struggle to do stuff and end up bumping the bump like yesterday, I forget it's there in the way!

lol my OH is a builder and does loads round the house x when i said we may have as little as 6 weeks till baby comes, due to low placenta, he nearly cacked himself and said hed better get sorting babies room out. so im keeping fingers crossed that will be this weekend.

Hope your DH gets his finger out either that or put some wood glue between his bum cheeks while hes asleep x x

Hehehehe, that made me giggle!! LOL.

I just don't even bother asking or telling my OH, I just get on with it myself and let him feel guilty! Nothing would get done in my house otherwise! (ok he is away 6 months of the year so have no choice!). Thing is I'm get so annoyed just now when I struggle to do stuff and end up bumping the bump like yesterday, I forget it's there in the way!

Me too hun. Last night I had to move the nursery furniture around cos the cotbed wont fit where I had wanted it to and got myself stuck behind the change unit as I couldn't fit between that and the wardrobe!! LOL.

I have to admit i've pushed myself a bit too far recently too, basically because I cant be bothered asking for help & I know it will just annoy me when he doesn't do it.

Also, my OH has a habit of not doing things during the day when I'm at work/wee one at school, but at bloody 11pm at night, and it ends up getting wee 1 all hyper. Either that or he's gotta have his pals round to help & they all just stand about supervising & drinking tea.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

men r bloody useless lol!! I agree dont do too much or he will know not to bother even more as youll end up doing it..
my oh is rubbish at diy and i really enjoy it so i dont mind putting the cot together etc.. but if ive asked him to do something then i make sure its him that does it.. ive been a pushover before and i refuse to do it this time! gotta train them lol!

Well done you for getting stuff done yourself! I could never do that!

My OH works offshore and he's been away almost 7 weeks, now we only have less than 4 weeks to go until my due date. Even then LO will probably be early because he's a giant. So I was really stressed about it all and wanted everything done before OH went away!

Luckily for me he's a paranoid worrier as well so he built everything before he went away!

xx

My OH is usually the same but the past couple of days HIS nesting instinct seems to have kicked in lol
Even so much as he's doing done housework without even being asked! Think aliens may have landed & swapped him!

I built a double pax ikea wardrobe myself cause OH wouldn't finish it cause apparently he has too tired....

I ended up building it on the floor, then got stuck under it and he had to get out of bed to come and lift it off me...

After that he built all the furniture the next day so I wouldn't attempt any more myself :lol:

I built our cot at 33 weeks, I did everything as he's useless. Men don't get the sense of urgency we have x

I built a double pax ikea wardrobe myself cause OH wouldn't finish it cause apparently he has too tired....

I ended up building it on the floor, then got stuck under it and he had to get out of bed to come and lift it off me...

After that he built all the furniture the next day so I wouldn't attempt any more myself :lol:

loooooooll that was quite funny.

My OH would have probs jst left me under the wardrobe to get some peace!

:lol:

I think I'd be losing my mind now if my oh was doing f'all with everything else we have to deal with in 3rd tri!! So I feel quite fortunate reading this, as my oh had the nursery decorated (new carpet, coving, skirtingboard, wallpaper, gloss work) all done by the time I was 22 wks all off his own back, he dragged me to m&p to choose and order the furniture which he'd seen and liked, when it arrived on the Friday flat packed he had the whole lot up and in place by the sat night, cotbed, chest drawers & wardrobe!!! He helped me put all the babys stuff in place and sat one night and went through 6 bags of second hand clothes with me so we could decide what to keep!! He then decided a few weeks ago the lounge was too shabby for a newborn to come home too so he painted and glossed it, got a new rug and matching cushions!! He does all the hoovering and cleaning the bathroom as he knows I struggle at the mo, and he even stripped and washed the bedsheets without a word from me!!!
I bought a gorgeous outfit for Lo the otherday and he got upset as he wanted to be there when we buy clothes to choose them together so he's not missing out!!! :)
Don't get me wrong he has plenty of man moments where I could happily bury him under the patio but during my pregnancy he has been like a perfect man!! I cried other night about being all baby, and feeling like a baby growbag rather than a person and he gave me a hug said I was doing something very special growing our baby and that I look lovely!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back