Growth Scan Tomorrow - Nervous *Update*

poppy160

Reaction score
I have my growth scan tomorrow at 10:40, very nervous about talking to the Consultant and telling him/her how I've been feeling since the last scan (I posted on Sunday about what was going on). I want to speak to them alone, usually there's a nurse in there aswell doing BP and stuff, can I request that she leaves? I'm not going to have my OH in there either (although he will be there for the scan). I'm going to spend some time tonight writing down what I want to say because I'll probably go blank if I don't.
Excited about seeing baby again though, not nervous about that part cause she has always been either spot on or just under growth wise. Hopefully it will be my last one before she arrives :)

Good Luck Poppy im sure everything will be fine but you must tell them how your feeling i dont see any reason why the nurse couldnt give you some time alone and i think the key here is to make sure you write down what you what to say (which i know you said you were going to do) you will probaly fine that once you start talking it will all spill out and you will feel so much better for getting it off your chest.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Fingers crossed you wont have to have any more scans and baby will be here very soon for you.

good luck, definitely a good idea to write things down cos you can just hand them your list and not fumble over how to say things..hope all goes well for you :hug:

Hiya :wave: Don't be nervous, you are doing the right thing and will feel so much better for voicing how you feel. I understand as I felt exactly the same and it took my hubby to convince me to open up. Don't play down how much pain you are in and how depressed you are, make sure you voice exactly how you feel and if he doesn't bring it up make sure u mention wanting an induction date. I just had my first session with the counselor today and it really helped to talk things through and she has requested I come back on thurs. Good luck and I hope it goes well xxx :hug:

Good luck :hug: :hug: I don't see why you shouldn't be able to talk in private if you want to, writing things down sounds like a good idea. I normally have a list of questions ready when I see the midwife cos I'd never remember what I wanted to ask else

Thanks guys, I will update when I get back tomorrow :)

KJL said:
Hiya :wave: Don't be nervous, you are doing the right thing and will feel so much better for voicing how you feel. I understand as I felt exactly the same and it took my hubby to convince me to open up. Don't play down how much pain you are in and how depressed you are, make sure you voice exactly how you feel and if he doesn't bring it up make sure u mention wanting an induction date. I just had my first session with the counselor today and it really helped to talk things through and she has requested I come back on thurs. Good luck and I hope it goes well xxx :hug:

Thanks for sharing your experience KJL, I am going to mention a possible induction, although I reckon if they do offer one it'll be on or just past my due date - which would be good as it's something to aim for but I will definately be pushing for councelling (sp?), somebody to talk to would be great. I don't like to tell my OH exactly what I'm feeling because I don't want to upset him, I know if I did he would be 100% supportive though.

poppy160 said:
Thanks for sharing your experience KJL, I am going to mention a possible induction, although I reckon if they do offer one it'll be on or just past my due date - which would be good as it's something to aim for but I will definately be pushing for councelling (sp?), somebody to talk to would be great. I don't like to tell my OH exactly what I'm feeling because I don't want to upset him, I know if I did he would be 100% supportive though.

No problem :hug: Suggest you don't want to go over your due date. If they won't agree to one before then at least just having a date to aim towards will help. I am seeing my Dr. on fri to discuss a date...can't wait to know when the end will be in sight :D

p.s. you should speak to your OH about it too. I felt exactly the same as I didn't want to upset my hubby. It's only fair though that your OH shares some of the emotional responsibilty seeing as you are having to deal with all the physical strain. My hubby insisted on coming to my appointment today and i'm so glad he did. He said he can finally understand why I'm feeling like this and can now help me more effectively. He's been amazing and supportive and really genuinely helping.

I think I may try and speak to him tonight then, when he comes back from football. He knows something's wrong and I know he doesn't like to be left out because all he wants to do is support and try to do the best he can to make things easier for me. But cause I'm trying to make him think everything's okay everything's building up and when it does come out (when I'm alone) it's probably worse!

poppy160 said:
I think I may try and speak to him tonight then, when he comes back from football. He knows something's wrong and I know he doesn't like to be left out because all he wants to do is support and try to do the best he can to make things easier for me. But cause I'm trying to make him think everything's okay everything's building up and when it does come out (when I'm alone) it's probably worse!

I totally understand, and you are better to speak to him before you feel any worse. I totally bottled up my feelings and kept smilling and then "wham" one night it just came out in one outburst...it was like shaking a coke bottle and then taking the lid off! It felt like a total release but my poor hubby was like :shock: We spoke for hours after and he was the one who made me speak out to the Dr. That's what our OH's are there for...emotional support is so important :hug:

:hug: Thank you, I'm definately going to talk to him. I think he will be really good about it. Just finished listing what I want to say to the Consultant..It feels better just writing it down. I just hope he/she will take me seriously..and that I can get my words out without crying and hyperventilating! :lol:

poppy160 said:
:hug: Thank you, I'm definately going to talk to him. I think he will be really good about it. Just finished listing what I want to say to the Consultant..It feels better just writing it down. I just hope he/she will take me seriously..and that I can get my words out without crying and hyperventilating! :lol:

Good luck and don't worry about crying, that's what I did and I think it helped as the Dr. realised what a mess I was and automatically suggested antenatal depression as the cause and the option of an induction. I was trying to explain to him through the sobs that I hadn't cried in about 10 yrs and I wasn't normally so neurotic :oops: He was totally lovely and supportive. :hug:

**Update**

The scan went very well, fluid still very low but baby seems to be on target with growth and stuff, she has a full bladder so obviously she is drinking/peeing the fluid out okay. She's weighing in at about 6lbs which is great so very pleased with that. Couldn't get a picture as she's too big and not enough fluid but we have a million already :)
Afterwards I had to see the consultant and as soon as she asked me how I was I burst into tears :( I explained to her about how down I was feeling and things and how much pain I was in, she was very sympathetic..the first thing she suggested was prescribing me stronger painkillers. Then she went onto explaining about an induction, at the moment for obvious reasons baby has to stay put, but she has arranged for me to come back in 2 weeks (37+6) for another scan and a sweep, if I haven't gone into labour naturally by my due date they will induce and if my body isn't ready for that I can choose to have a c-section :| . In the meantime I must phone the labour ward if the pain isn't better, but she's prescribed me codiene and I know that's pretty good so I'm feeling optomistic.
Lastly she asked if I would like to talk to somebody about things and I was so happy she suggested it I cried all over again :lol: So I am waiting on a date to speak to apparently a really lovely lady, and if I feel I can't wait I have her number to phone and make an earlier appointment. :) [/u]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back