Grief and pregnancy

Loubalouba

Reaction score
In the early hours yesterday we lost our beloved 3 year old beautiful dog, it was very unexpected and very upsetting circumstances. He was our substitute baby and we got him during fertility treatment to help keep us sane! He was an amazing dog and more like our son than a dog to us. He brought us so much happiness and now the grief and loss is almost unbearable at times. This has led to sleepless nights and I am having to really make an effort to eat . I cry all the time and feel very low, I know this should ease eventually but it makes me really worry about baby... I am trying to be strong and to eat but it's very hard, hubby is very devastated and this is really hard to see.

I just need some reassurance that baby will be ok I hope my emotions don't transfer to baby? I will make sure I eat as much as I can but my emotions are running really high

Baby should be fine- just make sure you eat little and often, and drink plenty.
Sorry to hear about your precious dog. They are a member of the family and when you lose them its devastating x

Sorry you're going such through a difficult m time. My sister died the day before my 20 week scan after she had spent a traumatic couple of weeks in intensive care and surgery - the whole thing was completely unexpected and very devastating. My baby was fine so please be reassured that your emotional state shouldn't affect your baby. Please try to eat and drink well though xx

Thank you ladies, browneyedgirl that must have been horrendous!! So so sorry HUN x life is tough at times! Thank u for reassuring me though I was so worried about my constant state of mind and crying, yes I am eating even if I really don't want to.

Lou x

I have the same worry. We need to make the desicion to have our little baby put to sleep over the next couple of months, the grief will be overwhelming. I'm not sure how I'll cope and worry about baby. Sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back