Green tea

melissa5317

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Was doing some more ttc research yesterday (shame I studied something ELSE at uni, really...) and learned that apparently there was a study done with green tea and they found that if you have a cup every day it can DOUBLE your chances of conceiving. Anyone else hear this?

Yep, read this on many medical articles and discussion forums. Providing it's 100% green tea and caffeine free! been drinking 2 cups a day during my first cycle but sort of gave up when i didn't get a BFP...mind you i didn't know anything about cervical mucus or OPKs then so i'm pretty sure we were not ttc on the right days!

I heard even better things about Spearmint tea but can't seem to find it in this country! so i'm now drinking 1 cup peppermint tea and 1 cup raspberry tea a day, i plan to stop after ovulation though as some teas could have negative effects on the embryo and some might cause a miscarriage.

I have heard that green tea is recommended for when you are TTC but could not remember why :doh:

I hate green tea it makes me :puke: I drink the caffine free flavoured tea instead :D

Thanks for letting us know though :hug:

I wish I could drink peppermint tea without wanting to vomit! I can't even smell the stuff and not feel a little ill. Same with nettle. :puke:

There's a lovely green tea with peppermint that is very light to drink by Picadilly's and that's really nice. It's not too much of either flavour and very refreshing. Green tea on its own makes me :puke: No matter how much i try to drink it I can't get used to the taste. Raspberry leaf tea's supposed to be good to for ttc.

I actually like green tea on its own, though I do tend to have to add a little bit of sugar still. Cannot STAND peppermint, tho, and have a feeling I'd probably be the same with spearamint. I'm a bit of a strange one, I think - I mean, let's face it, I LOVE grapefruit juice, too! :lol:

I drink a lot of green tea, probably about 4 cups a day. I had heard it helped but also I was researching it recently and found a few reports that suggest its not good when pregnant as it can interfer with your folic acid :think:
I'm going to ask my HV about it next week at Dans check up. Its hard to know what to believe...............although so many women throughout Asia must drink while it pregnant.

waterlilie said:
I heard even better things about Spearmint tea but can't seem to find it in this country!

Twinings do a 'cleanse' tea that contains nettle and spearmint. It is lovely and really refreshing.

I regularly drink flavoured teas (asda own!), peppermint and green, i prefer them to normal tea/coffee.

I'm glad to hear they are good for TTC but is it right that i should not drink them when pregnant then?! :think:

i drink green tea at work (but have to have it really weak or can't stand it) :puke:

Green tea is now going to go on the shopping list for tomorrow now, hell I'll give anything a go :lol:
I'm hoping I'll like it, I'm with you melissa on the grapefruit juice... I LOVE it :cheer: so does hubby! We keep clearing M&S out of it (7 carton in week!) :lol: Bring on the EWCM :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back