GP appt after TTC 13months (aged 40).

Melanie3103

Reaction score
I have a 22m old, fell pregnant with him almost straightaway (aged 37) aftet just 3 cycles, and have now been TTC #2 since Xmas 2014 (so 13m ago)...

I chatted to a nurse at a routine 'well woman' appt last week and mentioned this to her. They suggested a GP appt to 'check all ok'... Can anyone offer any experience as to what they ask/what checks/tests they do ? What is procedure/order in which they do things ??

Thanks all. Very nervous and would like to know in advance what they might do. Is it blood tests or examinations or ?? I have no idea..

I have been monitoring my cycles (using OPKs) and pretty sure I have ovulated most months (except potentially 2-3 cycles where a positive OPK wasnt picked up). Periods are regular as clockwork - AF arrives on day expected etc.

Anyone care to share experience with me please...
X

Hiya,

They will most likely start off with bloods, day 3 bloods-fsh, oestrogen, lh. Also day 21 (to check ovulation). Will probably ask for your OH to have sperm analysis and then refer you. That's how mine was done but it can vary. Make sure they do the bloods on the correct days as day 3 bloods (which I think can be done between 2-5) are not accurate at other times of the cycle xx

Hiya,
Our experience was pretty similar to lisey. I had various blood tests first, then ultrasound scans. My oh also had to have sperm analysis. Following that I then had to have an hsg to check tubes clear.

Is that all done by GP (inc sperm check) or are we sent to hospital for those?

All mine were done through gp and then sent to hospital for hsg and another sperm analysis xx

Our tests were all done at the hospital but referred via our GP.

OK thanks all.

Very nervous.. got to make GP appointment. I keep putting it off! Scared what they might tell me...
:(

x

Hi Melanie, I am in the same boat as you, I am 43yrs old and TTC for nearly a year now. I have an appointment on the 14th of Feb with my GP to discuss my fertility and hopefully get tested. I have no idea if I ovulate as I have only just started charting but my sleep is so awful I'm not sure if it will work so I have bought some OPT's for the next month.
Best of luck with your appointment, let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back