Got scan date...is this right??

BroodyBean

Reaction score
I got a letter with our 1st scan date on!! WOOHOOOOOOOO, so exciting! Its on the 16th of March - so it'll be amazing to hopefully see little beanie but also to get a proper date cuz at the mo its a long story just to say how many weeks i am, what with my dates & docs being different!!

But my real question here is on the same letter it had my first MW appointment which isnt until the 23rd of April!!!!!! :? ...by then I'll be something like 16/17 weeks!? Does that sound right??
xx

Humm, it's different depending on the area you live in but that sounds quite late to me. I guess if everything's alright with the scan then they think there's nothing for a midwife to do??? In liverpool your first app to see the midwife is between 8 and 14 weeks.

Where I am, you have a booking in appointment at the hospital when you go for your scan, so this is possibly why you're not seeing a midwife until 16 weeks as they'll take you bloods/urine and ask all the questions then. Where I am, you only have the 16 week appointment if you want the blood test for downs, otherwise you don't see a MW at all between 12 - 26 weeks - which sucks in my opinion! Every area should give exactly the same level and frequency of care, but it differs soooo much. :x

ur first midwife appointment should be prior to 12 weeks i think. i was 11 weeks when i had my booking in with millie and 8 weeks this time

We live in Hull and our letter came through exactly the same.

Scan is tomorrow, we do not see MW until 30th March.

I thought this sounded a long time too, but having spoken to friends seems thats what they do in our area.

well i had my book-in appointment on the 19th feb and then at the end of my appointment i had o book my scan which is on the 3rd march at my booking appointment i was one day off being 11 weeks and on my scan il be 12 weeks and 3days hope all goes well for u . they may of jus booked ur mw appointment l8 coz their fully booked or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back