Good or bad birth

2 lovely births, first long but drug free, second very quick water birth with 2 puffs of gas and air.

Good but fast experience, 5 hours from first pain to end. Tried a bit of gas and air but it didn't work for me so did it without pain relief in the end. 2nd degree tear but it healed well and quite quickly. Hasn't put me off as I want another!

Wasn't really a good one.. Failed induction so went on drip to start contractions.. I was 12 hrs in labour before I was fully dilated, started pushing for an hour n half with no progress.. Doc came and decided it would have to be an emergency section because of how baby was lay..

After it was finished though I had a reaction to all the meds and I was shaking badly and my jaw was grinding for hours, I was on another planet, I couldn't even hold Abigail or feed her which was the worst part!

I had a terrible turned positive. 4 day long failed induction. No sleep, lots of being sick, totally left to it by midwives, ignored when told them waters had gone. 12 hours on The drip in labour ward before an emergency c section due to babies heart rate and never progressing past 5 cms. Had all pain relief all pants was relieved by the time I got into theatre, loved my section and will be having an elective one next time.

Wasn't really a good one.. Failed induction so went on drip to start contractions.. I was 12 hrs in labour before I was fully dilated, started pushing for an hour n half with no progress.. Doc came and decided it would have to be an emergency section because of how baby was lay..

After it was finished though I had a reaction to all the meds and I was shaking badly and my jaw was grinding for hours, I was on another planet, I couldn't even hold Abigail or feed her which was the worst part!

OMG I had th eexact same reaction at my emergency section, and Ive never spoke to anyone who had the same, my jaw literally clamped shut and my throat was closing so I couldnt breathe without making a voice IYSWIM, the shaking was hideous. it was caused by syntocinin, they stopped it and I got better then they did it again and it came back so they were sure it was the hormone causing it.

I was the same with not being able to hold LO when he was born because of it. TBH I thought I was a right weirdo cos Ive never heard of anyone else have the same thing.

BTW, hideous birth incase that wasnt implied in my post!

I had a good one. I was induced at 39+5 because there was meconium in my waters so I didnt get the water birth I wanted but I was only in active labour for 6 hours, used just gas and air and only had a very slight tear so I can't complain really :) x

OMG I had th eexact same reaction at my emergency section, and Ive never spoke to anyone who had the same, my jaw literally clamped shut and my throat was closing so I couldnt breathe without making a voice IYSWIM, the shaking was hideous. it was caused by syntocinin, they stopped it and I got better then they did it again and it came back so they were sure it was the hormone causing it.

I was the same with not being able to hold LO when he was born because of it. TBH I thought I was a right weirdo cos Ive never heard of anyone else have the same thing.

Yeah I was exactly the same with my jaw, it was awful.. I was biting the nebuliser thing because it was so bad not being able to control it.. They didn't give me anything for it though, they just left me and it said its normal! Although my OH said there was someone next to me in recovery afterwards who came back from a section and they was completely fine!

It sounds absolutely ridiculous and I havnt said it to anyone else but it almost felt like I was gunna die, the way it stops u from being able to breath properly and not able to talk.. I remember trying to talk to my OH and the midwives but couldn't get anything out..x

It was rubbish, baby was back to back, an idiotic MW inexplicably made me push when I was only 6 cm, my cervix got irritated and swollen because of that, which made matters worse, baby was stuck and in distress, needed forceps, was horribly painful throughout, even with epidural.

All that is nothing compared to looking after a newborn though, LOL!

I had a really lovely birth experience.

Planned C section due to medical issues. Knew the date for appx 5 weeks before hand but told no-one!!

Had a lovely morning with OH walking the dogs and sorting babys room, went into hospital at lunchtime, down to theatre at 5pm and LO was here at 5.34pm!!

Which kind of made up for a rotten pregnancy - not something I'll be putting myself through again!

Yeah I was exactly the same with my jaw, it was awful.. I was biting the nebuliser thing because it was so bad not being able to control it.. They didn't give me anything for it though, they just left me and it said its normal! Although my OH said there was someone next to me in recovery afterwards who came back from a section and they was completely fine!

It sounds absolutely ridiculous and I havnt said it to anyone else but it almost felt like I was gunna die, the way it stops u from being able to breath properly and not able to talk.. I remember trying to talk to my OH and the midwives but couldn't get anything out..x

no its not ridiculous, i actually had post traumatic stress cos I thought I was dying, i said to the anethetist "I cant breathe" with literally my last breath and he just said "yes you can youre fine" and didnt even make eye contact with me. I thought I was just gonna die cos noone was helping me, then I think my oxygen levels went cos the machines beeped and they quickly put me on oxygen and stopped the hormone. I dont remember a lot after the mask went on and I cant remember seeing LO for the first time :cry:

I had a good labour. Really long but good when I look back. I was shattered though and was at the point where I was saying 'I just cant do this anymore'! But I did and thankfully The midwife never listened to me about not being able to do it because they had the forceps at the ready! Lol xxx

I had a horrible birth, it wasn't what i'd hoped or planned for at all. I was induced at 37+5 and went into labour on the maternity ward but nobody really took me seriously for a long time so i wasn't given any pain relief or taken up to delivery until i was 5cm. After that things went smoothly for a while, then my contractions stopped and i had to have an epidural (didn't want one) and try and push naturally. After forceps and a suction cap failed i was rushed in for an emergency section and didn't get to see Jack straight away. Then i was stuck on the maternity ward for another few days where the nurses were mostly very unfriendly and unhelpful. Overall, it was 16 plus hours of horrendousness. But it hasn't put me off having any more...just not for a while yet lol xx

With my DD I had a fab birth. I was in labour for about 5ish hours. I had woke up at 2.30am to pee and had no pain or anything. Went back to sleep woke up at 3.45 and I had some cramping and it all flew by from there. When I got to the hospital at 6.45am I was 9cm. The pain was dreadful but it went so fast as I had my DD at 7.56am
I only had gas and air and even then I didnt have it when I was pushing.
I had a really bad pregnancy with her though.
Hopefully secound time around will be a great labour aswell.

no its not ridiculous, i actually had post traumatic stress cos I thought I was dying, i said to the anethetist "I cant breathe" with literally my last breath and he just said "yes you can youre fine" and didnt even make eye contact with me. I thought I was just gonna die cos noone was helping me, then I think my oxygen levels went cos the machines beeped and they quickly put me on oxygen and stopped the hormone. I dont remember a lot after the mask went on and I cant remember seeing LO for the first time :cry:

omg :shock:

I felt so stupid thinking that and cant believe u felt the same way from it.. I would never have a section again because of what happend..x

same here, I always cringe when I hear first time mums complaining that theyre not allowed sections, what do they think happens exactly?!

An amazing birth! From start of contractions to birth was 6 hours and only on gas n air. When I got to hospital I was already 6/7cm dilated. I had to have an episiotomy but I wouldnt change anything about the birth of my gorgeous boy! Think baby number two may end up being a home birth though lol!xx

Last edited:
I would have to say the birth of my ds was good from what i remember. Was induced on the friday morning, had my waters broke first then left for 2hrs to see it labour would start natural, went on the drip at 9am. Started on gas n air about 12ish, kind of remember the epi was spaced out on the gas n air and feeling sicky, at 10:30pm was took the the delivery room and told to push, at 11:10pm i pushed my ds into the world but they didnt turn him fast enough and i tore, was asked if i would like to cut the cord told them to let my mum cut it, all i wanted was my baby. Held my son while they took care of everything else. then after 40mins was told to have a bath. had really good care through out, but would like to have a natural birth this time round. keep joking to my oh that im going into labour in his car lol.

same here, I always cringe when I hear first time mums complaining that theyre not allowed sections, what do they think happens exactly?!

I know.. I missed out on so much bonding time with LO because I couldn't move in my bed afterwards, I was like that for two days as well, I couldn't even lift my jug of water to pour a drink.. All's I wanted to do is feed her but I couldn't.. That is the worst part of it all and there's no way I'd go through that again (if I didn't need too)

Bad birth. Hind Waters broke Sunday 4.00am
And went into hosp 9pm.Owen was back to back. Progress was
Slow, into monday morning ended up having pethedine then an epidural, then they rushed
Me to theatre and tried vontouse, forceps then emergency c section. Born 17.16pm on the Monday .
Owen wasn't breathing when he came out and they pressed emergency button. Most horrible moments
Of My life. He was fine in the end , kept
In special Care for a week. Had bleeding between his scalp and scull from
Where by body tried to push him out :( but he is healthy and happy now :)

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back