Good News?? We don't grow after 38 weeks???

BabyMagic

Reaction score
I just read the below from i-am-pregnant.com ( www.i-am-pregnant.com/Pregnancy/calendar/week/38 ):

38 weeks
Your baby continues to grow this week and weighs about 6.8 pounds. His crown-to-rump length is still about 14 inches and total length is around 21 inches. Most women do not grow any larger during the last few weeks of their pregnancy. From the top of your uterus to your bellybutton is about 6.5 to 7 inches. You may be very uncomfortable now-you are almost there! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Those who are further gone than me (more than 38 weeks) or have done it before, is it true that we don't grow anymore? Some good news finally I guess??? :rotfl:

Tbh I have hardly put on any weight in the last two weeks but it looks like that it is common to stop growing????

When you say 'we' do you mean the woman or the baby or both?

The Registrar I saw last Monday told me LO would keep on growing. I took this to mean until delivery as he was such total doom and gloom about size etc.

Be brilliant if baby does reach full size and then ease off at 38 weeks. I'm already a duffer with a biff baby :roll: :lol:

Baby keeps on growing according to the later weeks. Not sure but chances are I will also :lol:

As far as im aware baby keeps on growing all the way through so this means you will too, I know that I definately got bigger in the last few weeks :)

Oops, I was a bit unclear. I meant the woman, not the baby as I know the baby will still grow until the birth...

BabyMagic said:
Oops, I was a bit unclear. I meant the woman, not the baby as I know the baby will still grow until the birth...

Yes well it won't feel that way in the final weeks I can assure you :rotfl: Especially if you have a baby over 4kg. :rotfl:

I became very giddy at seeing your title
As i was measurng 35 weeks at 32 weeks appoinment
But i knew it was to good to be true i recal the Mid Wif mentioning id carry on growing till the end
which i am happy about but just think if he keeps going at that rate
:shock: :shock: and heaven help me if he's over due :shock:

YOU WILL NOT I REPAET NOT STAY IN OVER DUE DO YOU HEAR ME COLLIER DAVID PHILLIPS WIGGINS :shakehead: :shakehead:
:rotfl:

sarah :wave:

hello
i have just got quite big in last week and may do until 38 hope to tail off, my wee pelvis can't take it !
x

Most women do not grow any larger during the last few weeks of their pregnancy.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

I just seem to keep on growing and growing. I think I might actually 'pop' in the very literal sense of the word! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back