• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good first BLW foods?

mrs_bump

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try BLW as my LG seemed to hate purees! What are some good foods to start with? Once they are 6 months, can they have anything except honey and added salt and sugar? Thank you for your help xx

From 6 months they can have anything unless you have a history of allergies in the family.

We found brocolli easy to start with - hard stalk to hold, with a soft top to chew.

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yup, broccoli was a first hit here too. As we started after she was 6 months old she also loved omelettes right from the beginning, with things in them like spinach or softened red onion and red pepper. She could handle cheese, eggy crumpets, well-cooked carrot sticks, roasted sweet potato, aubergine, courgette and red pepper. She also likes swede, home-made pizza - all cut into finger shaped pieces to start with. You can start introducing different shapes and sizes as LO gets better at getting food into their mouths and that helps them develop good motor skills with their hands. Best to start with easy, soft veggies and move on from there. Fruit is also good - melon is a hit, as is ripe pear, banana and sauteed apple wedges. Hope this helps. x

I was advices to leave fish out too for when they are 9 months - don't know why! But my DH is allergic to prawns so don't know if that's why?!

My LO had home made pizza as her first I made the dough thin and softer then a normal crispy and loads of toppings she loved it :) her second meal was tomato and cheese pasta :) she loved it all I gave her melon and banana, grapes - cut in Half and pancakes :) rice cakes and soft broccoli and carrots :D I was advised to leave strawberries till 9 months too xx

Yeah, I've heard these things about various foods, but T has had all sorts - fish, strawberries, tomatoes, which some people say you should leave until later. She's not had any nuts or shellfish yet, though. I guess you've got to look at your family history for allergies and choose as you see fit. x

Yep :) I left fish till 9 months but they still haven't had prawns coz of their dad :) she had strawberries at 10 months and been all good :) she loves salmon to bits :D

I am mixing BLW and TW. He does love having his own food to feed himself.
We have had brocolli too, I don't think he liked the taste as he kept screwing his face up, but kept putting it back to his mouth.
We also gave him cauliflower, with some cheese sauce on it. He still managed to pick it up. Sucked the sauce off.
Phillidelphia spread on bread or toast, cut into strips. That was a massive hit for us.
Turnip, carrots, baby corn, sweet potato.
He loves strawberries too.
Think I will make him an omelette this weekend x

Omelette and sandwiches or toast was an early favourite for us, I was told to avoid eggs till 12 months because of eczema by this point it was a bit late he was 9 months old. Scrambled egg is another but very messy, and veg. I found they struggles with banana at first it slipped down and they gagged.
Honestly toast was my 1st because my eldest found it easy to control

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back