Good Family Car - Recommendations?

Def don't get a 1 series, I loved mine and have swapped it for a company car. The 1 series is a great drive and you feel really safe in it but it is cramped inside, also getting the car seat out the back would be a pain as it's quite low and the doors a weird shape.

I'm having a Mondeo, it's not my face car by no means but it's meant to be the ultimate family car :) xx

well me and OH have fallen out about it. i know im being silly but i love the 1 series :(

he wants the mercedes, A or B class :( this may sound silly but i dont want a 'family' car :( i want a nice car. i need a kick up the backside!!! xx

I had a 1 series and loved it but not much room in the back and bloody expensive for parts and tyres cos they are run flats so all computerised. Cost me buckets of cash for tyres :brat:
That's why I suggested the a3. Lots of class, a quality car they are as good as BMW as well. For the record i have an astra lol x

What about something like a VW Golf or a Seat Leon, still quite sporty but a little roomier? :)

may not be the coolest car but we have just got a new ford smax. although it may be a bit bigger than you were looking at i think it has a lot going for it
1. its 5 door - i agree with other mums, 3 doors are a nightmare with getting kinds in a nd out of
2. the seats are slightly raised so it doesnt strain your back as much as lower seated cars when getting your child in and out of the car seat
3. there is enough room in the back to change your child and again, without straining your back and bending over too much
4. loads of room in the boot for buggy and shopping much more than any 4x4 we looked at

We travel quite a bit so a larger car is more practical for us and it is super comfortable. there is planty of room in the back so if one of us wants to sit up back with the little one it wont be a problem.

Ooh golfs are quite roomy I've got one as my temporary car and it's great sporty, lovely drive ver much like a BMW in the fact it's heavy and responsive :) quite a big boot too.

You will regret the 1 series, get one when little one is walking :) xxx

a ford with 4 doors!!! easy to get fixed if anything goes wrong.

What about a honda civic? Even the 4 door versions of them still look nice because you can't really notice the back doors. I'm trying to decide between that or an audi a3 just now, got a mini cooper at the moment and def going to need something bigger.

You sound like me :)
I currently have a 120d that is my pride and joy I love it, so much fun to drive and so nice all round.....however it turns out that it's not a babys car lol the boot isn't big enough and when you put the car seat in the back the passenger in the front needs to pretty much have no legs lol
Disaster!!!!

Now we love the Beemer so much we are keeping it but it will now be hubby's car, and I am changing his car for a 08 rav 4 (it's currently my dads car...we are doing a swap around lol )
Now the rav I can just chuck the pram into and still get other people in the car with the car seat in, and the dog fits too lol so it's definitely a lot better for baby

I don't know how big the a3 is in real life so you may want to go have a look at one

Do you have your pram and car seat yet? It might be a good idea to take them and have a day of car shopping, go look at cars you like the look of and try the pram in the boot and the seat in the back of the car, that way you will know for sure that it all fits :)
Remember as much as you want something you love you also want to make things as easy for yourself as possible

And when little one is a couple of years old you could get something like a 1series, when they don't need a big pram and can get in the car themselves etc :)

Just want you to know your not alone in not wanting a 'family' car lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back