Good Cheap Maternity Bras

First Baby White

Reaction score
I am nearly 21 weeks and still in my normal underwired bras and I am a bit concerned about ruining my milk ducts.

I may sound cheap but I am not willing to speand a fortune on them as I will only wear them for a few months and to be hinest I havent got the money to splash around.

So do any of you know where i can get some nice ones but also maternity knickers as thongs are becoming a bit of an issue now:)

I'm the same! I shop in Matalan, Primark and even New Look doesn't seem so cheap any more! lol

I bought a pack of 5 maternity bras from Matalan for £8.00 - they're not brilliant, but they're good enough (I think that's because I got the wrong size).

xxx

I got two for £22 at mothercare, which is a bit steep.

I think M and S do some starting at about £6 to £8 (and get higher).

I think there are also some on ebay stores, but you do run the risk of having to measure at home rather than in store.

Sandi

Im the same, my boobs are squashed into my bra at the moment and its really uncomfortable!
Think I will head to matalan, thats where I got from the last time I was pregnant, theyve got loads of different support types.

I'd look in the supermarkets, it doesn't have to be an official maternity one, just one with no wires. I'm much comfier now i have mine :)

I warn you though, they look a bit granny-ish. Lol. :rotfl:

I don't know if its the non-wired bra or just my pregnancy boobs - but does anyone else think their boobs look really saggy in maternity bras? :oops:

Mines are only a 34B/C so I feel cheated that they look so droopy :(

Oh tesco are fab for cheap and resonable quality underwear (apart from the saggy look :lol: )

I've been wearing underwired bras throughout, these babies wouldn't stay in a non underwired bra :rotfl:

Just get mine from tescos

My midwife (who I don't like - but thats another topic) was appalled that I was wearing underwired bras when I saw her at 16 weeks. Her face honestly looked :eek: and she told me "goodness, you'll never breastfeed if you wear underwired bras, the wires press on your milk ducts, don't you know!" :shock: All this was said in her MW knows best voice and I was that scared and had to go and buy these saggy boob ones.

Right enough though my boobs have been leaking for a few weeks already, so might go back to underwired ones to prevent leakage :lol: :rotfl:

cinnamon81 said:
I don't know if its the non-wired bra or just my pregnancy boobs - but does anyone else think their boobs look really saggy in maternity bras? :oops:

Yes! Mine have changed so much (they were never lovely and pert anyway) but in the last few weeks they are rock solid, heavy and... yes :cry: .... DROOPY! Arrrrggghhh.

I feel like I should be wearing a hoist down by my knees just for extra support :(

x

I've read that as long as they are that (modal?) instead of metal underwire, and the fit is correct you will be okay. It said that in loads of places, but forgetful me can't remember any of them. I got a nice maternity bra without wires at M&S. It's brown, but it comes in a few other colours, and isn't the one that comes in a box. I think it was around £16, which I felt like was a lot, but I only got one and I just wear it a lot. It is SO comfy and I don't look saggy at all in it. I think it looks really good, actually. I'm glad I spent the money.

I got fed up buying new bras - I bought at 10 weeks, 14 weeks and 20 weeks and I would still end up having to undo them at the end of the day because they were so uncomfortably tight within weeks.

I have been wearing tops with built in support. I was wearing normal clothes ones from gap that I got last summer and when I found that Edinburgh's gap had a maternity section I got maternity vest tops with built in support. I think they are great. I also got a Miriam Stoppard one-size-fits-all type stretchy bra in the Debenhams sale.

I know that these things don't give me quite as much support as a proper maternity bra but in reality I get more support as I don't keep taking them off during the day. And I would have had to buy a lot more sizes of bras if I hadn't got ones that were so elasticated. In order to always wear a bra that fitted I would have had to buy a new bra at least every 4 weeks. And I wouldn't have so I'd have been wearing bras that didn't fit properly so didn't give me proper support anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back