Gonna try a Dream Feed - any advice? - UPDATE

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm going to try a Dream Feed tonight with Mhairi. I'll feed her now the we'll go for a bath and bed. I thought I'd try and feed her at 10ish.

Any tips? Baby Whisperer says you don't have to burp them, but I think I'll have to with Mhairi, as she's one hell of a windy pops!

xxx

at 4 months she should be ok.. what sort of tips are you after? i wake when ed starts to stur and put my boob in so he isnt awake he just cues hes going to wake up..i dont wind him unless he does windy breathing (sucking breath in)

Hi Lisa,
Just anything to make it work! :lol: :lol:

I tried it before when she was only 2 months old and she woke an hour after with wind!

So maybe that was too young? She's now sleeping 8:30 to 5:30/6ish, but I feel she's tired at night so gonna put her down earlier tonight and then do the dream feed, hopefully it works this time!

xxx

edward also sleeps on his side..he wont sleep on his bk.. i think it helps with wind

I always found with Tom that he was so fast asleep that he didn't wake even if I did wind him. I used to hold him upright against me for a while and have a cuddle before putting him back down. x

We always dream fed Ruby @ 11pm and stopped when she started weaning @ 6 months....

She has always had her bedtimme routine from day one-7pm bath, bottle and bed (it was 6pm when she was tiny, then we moved it to 7pm at about 4 months)....we then went in to her nursery @ 11pm (she was in her own room from day one too), an I would keep light off, and not talk or stimulate her..usually she just fed and was went straight back into her cot with her eyes closed and no winding

It worked really well for us, and we had no problems droppin the dream feed once she was established on 3 meals a day.

Good luck :hug:

DISASTER!

Fed her at 10, she slept through it, winded her gently and put her back to bed. Went to sleep myself and then.....................she was up at 3am SCREAMING for a feed!!!!

She took 4oz at 10 and then 6oz at 3am!!!

She's been sleeping through till 5 or six most nights and then with the extra feed shes up!

What did I do wrong?

xxx

Aww Midna, glad Seed gave you a better sleep!

I'm going to persevere, it's got to work some time!!!!

xxx

well the idea of dreamfeedingis to feed baby b4 they wake up.. ie you see their cues before they wake.. is she co-sleeping? not sure you can dreamfeed withoiut it..

Well, I think I'm finally getting somewhere!

I realised what I was doing wrong pretty quickly. I was putting her down at 7 and then giving her the 9 o'clock feed at 10. So she wasn't getting the during the night feed at 10, just her normal feed an hour later, IYKWIM!?!?!

So, I've changed her whole routine. Instead of feeds at 9am, 1pm, 5pm and 9pm, I now feed her at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and 10/11pm(Dream Feed). So instead of getting 4 feeds during the day and waking at 5 in the morning for her 5th feed, she now gets all 5 feeds between 7am and 11pm.

And, last night, she slept through!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back