Dream feed?

Marijana FC

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!
I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I've got to ask. Can somebody explain the mechanics and logic of dream feeds - I would really appretiate it! My little one sleeps from 8pm until 4/5am, have a feed and then goes straight to sleep until 7/8am. According to the book I am following this is very good for her age and weight but somebody suggested introducing a dream feed in order to encourage her to sleep through. As I said, I don't really understand what a dream feed means and how it works. So, any response will be valuable! Thanks! :hug:

hi hun i used to put hannah to bed at 7.30 and then at 11pm ish i would go up and pick her out of her cot without waking her up and feed her, wind her and then put her back in her cot.9 out of 10 times she never knew she had been fed because hse never woke up, it was a god send for me, she would then wake up between 6.30 and 7

Thanks for your reply! That sounds very logical but I have another question: did your baby eat a whole feed at 11pm? I am asking this because last night when I woke Danica up at 11 to try dream feeding her, she only had 50ml and didn't want to open her mouth after that. And she woke up again at 4am to eat properly... :( My problem is: if she doesn't want to eat there is nothing I can do to make her eat

hi hun it would depend sometimes she would have a full feed sometimes she would only have a little bit, but i did find the more i did it she did get used to it even though she didnt wake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back