going to rant

roxane 1985

Reaction score
ok so us ladies get a bit hormonal from time to time and over react about things but still im going to have a rant now so please excuse me.

so a friend of mine had a kid, then was trying again and lost quite a few and you would constantly see on her status on facebook oh i want a baby, im broody, why is everyone else pregnant etc etc and i never said anything.

im expecting my second now as is she, and i had a rocky start firs suspected miscarriage then suspected blighted ovum then finally revealed all was ok after i lost one in sept.

ok so i got a little excited since my 12 week scan and ive put up a few status changed in fb like i wanna know sex, how im feeling etc and she starts going on about how 'my god all u go on about is baby at least i have a life too and talk about other thing'

fuck off and dont read them then, im excited and its one every few days not every 10 seconds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's a difficult one, I once posted a thread in this forum asking if people were planning on announcing their pregnancy on facebook and how they were going to do it and I got a mixed response - some people couldn't wait, and others told me they thought it was wrong because people might be offended/hurt if they had suffered a miscarriage or had been trying for a long time to get pregnant and weren't.

I had a missed miscarriage last year and I can say it was the worst and most horrific and upsetting experience of my life, but I still announced my current pregnancy on facebook purely because I was so over the moon & wanted to share the news with others etc. I always told myself I wouldn't be one of those people who constantly talked about my pregnancy, and although I do a few preggers-related status updates etc, I try not to throw it in peoples faces. However, I've also had people say 'That's all you talk about' which is a load of rubbish.
I understand if people have been trying a long time or have had miscarriages that it might be a little bit upsetting, but when I had my miscarriage, I wouldn't dare tell anybody to stop posting things and I was genuinely happy for them, because obviously it's one of the happiest times of your life, you shouldn't have to hide it!!

Like I said, it's a difficult one because you don't want people to think you're heartless or insensitive (I'm far from that!). I say don't worry about what other people say, if you want to talk about your pregnancy on facebook you go ahead and do it, and just complain to them next time they post a pointless/boring status about what they're having for dinner :lol:

Last edited:
Thats a bit rude come from a lady who posts about how broody she is! I'd just ingore her to be honest x If she's pregnant maybe she's just freaky hormonal :) :lol: x

I'd be annoyed tho x

It's a funny world facebook, I would never be so rude, I just ignore news and feeds I'm not interested in on there. Your just excited and want the world to know how you feel and you have every right to do that, try not to worry, it's her problem for reading it! Must admit I've not announced anything on there as I didn't want everyone on there knowing my business and want to tell people our news as I see them. And so what if it's all we talk about just now, it's a massive life changing and exciting event, the same happens when us girls get married too!

How rude! I had a miscarriage last year and i would never say anything like that to anyone who posted about pregnancy, if it upset me I would just ignore it. If she cant be happy for you, Id just ignore her hunny x x

Lulu_LaRoo summed it up perfectly!!

I didn't exactly announce I was pregnant on FB, but the majority of my close friends and my family knew and after a few weeks of everyone getting used to the idea I wrote this status: "sitting with my finger in a jar of nutella scooping it out!! :p What baby wants, baby gets! lol!!" Most people put two and two together and congratulated me... others probably didn't even get it! I've had one or two status updates since, i.e last week when I bought some new clothes (maternity ones) and wrote "Oooooo comfortable, why haven't we met before now? I Love You Maternity jeans. You're my new best friend xx"

There is a few of my friends on FB also pregnant so I mostly comment on there page if someone ask's how i'm doing etc, so as to not to rub it in, if anyone is sensitive. But to be honest, I had a miscarriage in October and only me and the OH know about it yet I was not at all offended by my friends updates announcing their pregnancy, I was genuinely very pleased for them. You don't know how long they've been trying or how many heartaches they've suffered before. So I really don't see it as a problem and if someone does then they're clearly being a bit OTT! xxx

is annoying me because one she already knew i was pregnant as did most people on there as i had told them all before hand, plus i had a terrible m/c last year and also she's pregnant herself and further gone so whats her problem

i would never dream of saying that to anyone especially if i knew theyd already lost one and was told there was a chance all had gone wrong again

Hun,

Top and bottom of it, some women are just b1tche$ and it doesn't matter how nice and lovely you are to them and try understand things from their point of view, nothing is ever going to be good enough. I'd unfriend her and if she ask's why, just ignore her. Let her be the stupid child and you just surround yourself in all lovely things and lovely friends. You don't need people in your life like that at all, never mind at such a special time xxxx

i dont get people i seriously dont well at least its off my chest lol
thanks everyone for letting me have a good old moan lol never had mood swings in any of my pregnancies before - that was quite exciting hehe

End of the day, anything you put could potentially upset someone, it can't be helped, but on your page you feel free to post whatever you want about how you feel and your good news! If it's too much for her she can choose to hide your updates.

End of the day, anything you put could potentially upset someone, it can't be helped, but on your page you feel free to post whatever you want about how you feel and your good news! If it's too much for her she can choose to hide your updates.

i could understand if she was still trying, but the fact she's further gone and was actually expecting when i was first told there was no baby makes it annoying

oh every second or third status update I make is about being pregnant coz I'm excited, its only the 2nd time I've being pregnant in 12 years!- Plus I've now nothing else to talk about. hehe If they don't want to read it they don't have too, I don't care I'm stil going to post it, its my page. hehe.

its your own page feel free to post all you like if she doesnt like it then she could always remove you i would of told her to get stuffed and grow up but thats just me lol

at the end of the day its ur news to share its your page and u have a right what to put on it, but ur right if they dont like the fact that ur excited about having a baby they can remove ur status and not see them but still keep u as a friend. x

Just block her, don't sound like a good pal anyway x

I am constantly posting something about being preggo! But I don't care what people think tbh. It's like Sunnygirl's post the other day about non-preggers mates, unless you're in it and it's happening to you, the likelihood is people aren't going to be that interested (that's why I'm glad I've got lots of PF friends on my FB now who are interested! ;-)) That said, I wouldn't let it stop me posting about what I wanted - I'm forever reading "I'm getting married in X days" or "My boyfriend is this, that or the other" - like the others said, if it's boring or upsets/offends anyone, ignore it! x

When i miscarried alot of people on my Facebook got pregnant and it upset as i wanted to be pregnant so much but i was so happy for them at the same time but wondering when it was gonna be my turn. I would never be off with anyone because they got pregnant and wanted to talk about it...its a happy time for people and you want to tell the world! Its your Facebook after all, if she doesn't like it tell her to delete you. I talk about my baby all the time on Facebook and if people don't wanna see it they don't have to but i am not gonna stop talking about something so special just because someone thinks i talk about it too much! Its normal...do what you like hun xxx

I'm a bit of a bitch so I'm not gonna give you advise not cuz I don't want too but I'd be a lil bit mean in your situation to her lol, but if it was me I'd just say 'fuck off and delete me then you hypocrite!' Lol, simple =) x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back