Going out and.................

AgentM

Reaction score
the perfect outfit!!

Well, I 've had such a trauma about this since a failed shopping trip at the weekend! I haven't been out for a while, what with hubbys slipped disc, going back to work full time and the small matter of a 1 year old and no babysiters in sight (both our amilies are hundreds of miles away).

So I thought I'd treat myself to a new outfit, for a 40th birthday party on Saturday. My God, how old do I suddenly feel?!!! All the clothes in the shops didn't seem to have, what I'd class, as a going out feel about them. I really struggled trying to find something tha I would feel dressed up in. Like I'd made an effort. Are evening clothes casual now? I'm so out of touch that I'm feeling pretty ancient now :cry:

I did find something today that makes me feel quite yummy. But my God, it was a struggle! Am I totally out of touch, getting old before my time, or both of the the above?!!!

i couldn't tell you how they dress to go out these days, i've been pregnant for nearly two years now and only get as far as my local. I'm a plain kinda girl anyway so usually go for the jeans and black top look :blush:

I would go for the felling yummy outfit, i suppose its more important to be comfortable and confident in what your waring rather than keeping up with fasion. (my opinion anyway) xx

Aww hun :hug: Really sorry you've not found something :(

I have lots of lumpy bumpy bits still and I found a long sleeved black lace dress in new look. It's £25 and makes me look fab! They still have it in stock, might be worth a look?

i couldn't tell you how they dress to go out these days, i've been pregnant for nearly two years now and only get as far as my local. I'm a plain kinda girl anyway so usually go for the jeans and black top look :blush:

I would go for the felling yummy outfit, i suppose its more important to be comfortable and confident in what your waring rather than keeping up with fasion. (my opinion anyway) xx
I totlly agrre - thats why I struggled so much! And what did I end up with? Just a black top and linen trouers look! Oh well, I'll be comfortable anyway!! :rofl:

Plumped for this in the end, with some chunky bangles and a flat pair of black shoes: http://www.newlook.com/browse/productDetail.jsp?icCategory=cat20002&icProduct=191408601

Aww hun :hug: Really sorry you've not found something :(

I have lots of lumpy bumpy bits still and I found a long sleeved black lace dress in new look. It's £25 and makes me look fab! They still have it in stock, might be worth a look?
Sorry, you must've posted this while I was typing - only just noticed it!! Do you have a link to the dress? Always on the look out for nice stuff!

ooo i like that!! i dont have a clue what people wear for going out these days, my last night out was 3 years ago :shock:

ooo i like that!! i dont have a clue what people wear for going out these days, my last night out was 3 years ago :shock:
You lot mke me feel so much better! I thought I was the only one that had ventured out since becoming a mummy! I'm soooooooooo looking forward to it now. It's at the golf club, Oliver is coming with us (total lack of babysitter situation!) and hubby is driving. A few drinkies for me I think! :lol:

lol i was 18 the last time i went out and got pissed, god thats just strange!! hope you have a fab time hun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back