Going back to work?

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Just wondered how long people had off from work after their loss, i know obviously people who have had medical intervention will need longer,

I am lucky in a way at the minute because the bleeding is like a period so i was thinking about going into work on friday which will be 6 days since i found out,

I rang EPU this morning and all i have to do is go for another blood test in a week just to check that my HCG has gone back to 0.

I work on the front desk at a police station so my job is rather stressful at times - i deal with people all day there is no time to myself if you know what i mean

I Had of week of then was lucky to be on holday after then so had 3 weeks in total off but i think you will only know when you are ready

:hug:

I think it depends on you emotionally and how you're feeling?

I know for me going back to week the week after my d and c was brilliant because it completly took my mind off everything.

Obviously you are bound to feel low so maybe prepare yourself for that aswell and give yourself plenty of breaks at work, what i have found is if your job is busy there isn't anytime to ponder on what your going through.

Best wishes with going back hon
x

I took 8 days off. I found out I had a missed miscarriage on a Saturday and they couldn't get me in for a D and C until Thursday. I went back to work the next Thursday after my surgery. Physically I was fine and probably could have gone in the day after the D and C, but emotionally I just wanted to take some time for myself.

I think its probably different for every person. If you can, take your time and don't rush yourself.

:hug:

I was on holiday when bleeding started on Monday, scan confirmed Weds, was due back at work next Monday but then took another two weeks off.

I was due back Monday after so only a week off but had an infection (not m/c related) then next day was back to hospital for a check up. Weds went in, found out while I had been away two members of staff had announced they were 3 months pregnant, ended up in tears, went home early and took rest of week off. Luckily I'm a partner albeit a junior one and my head of dept has been fine once I finally explained what the problem was, plus have support from others partners who I have told (eg my mentor who is a mum of two). No-one suggested I should have been back earlier.

It's not the physical wellness you need to think of its the emotional :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back