Glucose test update

Aida

Reaction score
Hi all :hug:

Just an update on my Oral Glucose Tolerance Test on Friday, as I know there are some girls here that have to do it and thought I'd tell you about my experience.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, honest girls. It's true you have to drink a sugary syrup but it's not that awful. Apart from the fact that it is really sweet (diluted sugar), it doesn't taste bad (medicinal or anything, its just sugar). I had to have my first morning urine tested and then had to fill it in twice more, the second one after two hours and the last one after an hour :oops: :eek: , and had to have my blood taken 3 times in all. I had to sit still for hours as you cannot burn any calories so going for a walk to kill the time is not advisable until you are ready. BUT the morning passed so quickly if I weren't so hungry I wouldn't have believed it. I got a book with me to read and ended up barely opening it as I met a lovely girl there who is due really soon and talked about lots of things like baby stuff I still have to buy etc.

I don't have any results yet, but will give you an update as soon as I have them. Wish you lots of luck and I hope everything goes really well for you :hug:

Glad the test wasnt too bad for you Aida, and good luck for the results :D

Thanks aida, mine is on 20th jan so its good to know a bit of info x

Im pleased it wasnt too bad an experience and that you got chatting to a lovely pregnant lady I love it cause ya dont feel like a baby bore when they are either mammys or pregnant!

glad it wasnt a bad experience for you
did you have to take urine sample with you? i havent been told about that so might clarify that if you had to take one
good luck with the results

Hey aida.. just wondering was that the regular glucose test you had? i had one today and i didnt have to give urine samples, just get my blood taken twice.. i say just.. but you know what i mean.. lol

x x

indie78 said:
glad it wasnt a bad experience for you
did you have to take urine sample with you? i havent been told about that so might clarify that if you had to take one
good luck with the results

Thanks Indie, good luck to you too. Yes you have to take the first morning urine sample with you.

*Rainbow* said:
Hey aida.. just wondering was that the regular glucose test you had? i had one today and i didnt have to give urine samples, just get my blood taken twice.. i say just.. but you know what i mean.. lol

x x

Hi Rainbow, no I don't think it's the same one. I had that one done as well 4 weeks ago (the regular one). It came back negative for me so I'm hopeful about this one too. I had this one done "just to be sure" according to the consultant, since they found sugar twice in my urine - but not in my blood....

Ooh i see.. so its like a follow on.. i get it.. hehe.. i got sent for a glucose tolerance test without my consultant even looking at my urine results.. (which were perfect.. but you know. consultants..) cos im overweight. =(.. but at least its done now.. When do you find out your results? Got my fingers crossed you..!!
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back