glucose test

aliciabubba

Reaction score
I have to have a glucose test tomorrow morning due to my high BMI, which will show if I have gestatial diabeties or not, has anyone else had this done? Did you get test results straight away?

Hi I had to have this last time and will be having it agai die to family history and as far as I aware you get the results at your next midwife app!

my doc told me to have basic blood test done for it, then if it was bad then do a full glocose test etc. but im fine. my bmi is slightly higher than normal. i did quit smoking last yr and found it hard to loose the weight. and ive got a large dermoid cyst (heavy) on my ovary.(well im partly blaming that.lol)

i got mine next fri and will have the results by the tues when i see consultant :) not looking forward to mine :( xx

thanks girls! I thought I may of got them straight away, but just have to wait till my next midwife appt. Not looking forward to not having anything to eat after 10pm tonight lol.

thanks girls! I thought I may of got them straight away, but just have to wait till my next midwife appt. Not looking forward to not having anything to eat after 10pm tonight lol.

its not the after 10 for me as i will probabaly have stuffed me face by then lol its knowing i gotta get up next morning and there will be no hot drink or brekkie :shakehead: just plain water urghh!! not impressed by that! Good Luck though xx

I have to have one of these at 24wks cause of my mum's diabetes! Not excited about not being able to eat!! Waaaah! :'(. I do enjoy Lucozade though :D.

Make a pregnancy ticker

i know, i just love my cuppa and toast in the morning and its going to stuff my routine up lol!

Hey Ladies I had this..unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones to be diagnosed with GD :( but my Stanley is here fine and I had it bad as I was put straight on insulin...most people get sorted through diet :)))

I got my results within 48 hrs :) xx

I had my GTT on monday - haven't heard anything as yet. They said i will recieve a letter with results xx

I'm dreading mine I didn't have it last time & I doubt I will have this time either but I have low blood pressure and I get really faint if I do to much when I havent eaten but it's hard not to do anything with a 1yr old on the go!! My dad is driving me there though so hopefully I wi be fine!

sorry if i sound thick, but what do u have to do at this test? is it just bloods? xxx

sorry if i sound thick, but what do u have to do at this test? is it just bloods? xxx

I've got to have this test, you fast from 10pm the night before, then have blood taken, they then give you a glucose drink, you wait or 2 hours and have another blood test.

I Was told that they would only get in touch with me if the results were a concern. If the test was fine then I won't hear anything.

i have read somewhere that if you do have GD then you cant go full term is that right????

Im not entirely sure, but think they tend to induce early as babies tend to be big if you have gd

well ladies had the glucose test and got the results by afternoon, I don't have GD! YAY!! :)

congratulations. You must feel really pleased with the result:dance:.

yeah i do. I was so hungry after though, so i treated myself to Mcdonalds, I shouldn't have though as now I have indigestion lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back