Gladiators

Urchin

Reaction score
I just watched the show interviewing the old gladiators and contestants and stuff.

I didn't realise how popular it was in its time...18 million viewers!!

They showed what the new gladiators look like and they just look like normal, boring people. I don't know what I was expecting LOL but they just looked rubbish.

Is anyone gonna give it a watch next week?

I'm curious, it was a must watch program for Saturday evenings in our house so based on that I'll probably watch the first one. See how it goes after that.

But I doubt it'll be the same without the Wolf-man! :D Although I won't be missing John Fashanu's "AWooga" :lol:

Me, me :cheer: I loved the old one so I will haev to give this one a try! I hope it lives up to my expectations though :think: .

Next Sunday.

Look at them though... they look....crap

Gladiators440.jpg

LOL @ "Battleaxe"

_44559196_battleaxe416.jpg

my cousin went to auditions (contestant) he got down to final 32 and went to London but lost out in final rounds - he was gutted but considering he is 22 I was well proud of him. Anyway have been getting excited about it starting again for ages.. hope it is as good as it was :cheer:

God just look at them!!! :rotfl: what a bunch of FREAKS!!! :rotfl:
they all fell out rhe ugly tree and hit every branch

I dont think it will be the same for me as it was when i was a kid watching it with my mum and dad.
I remember wolf, and them girls just look like easy slappers nowt like Jet......lol. Suppose i will waych it anyway theres never owt else on.

I'll be watching, just to see if it really is as bad as i am expecting. I really hope i'm wrong and its great, as i don't want it to tarnish what was originally a great show. Also not looking forward to watching elbow nose Kirsty Gallagher presenting, she does my head in!

Did anyone see the "where are they now" show the other night? I could not get over how Wolf looks EXACTLY the same, the man doesn't age!

Also, Hunter - FIT! never liked him as a gladiator but now he is all bald and skinny there is definately "something" about him :oops:

i recorded it and ive just watched it.
it was quite entertaining. They are using water instead of landing mats. I don't like that. The fact that they could have fallen from great heights and landing on their heads made it more exciting :lol:

aww I was out at a BBQ I bet it'll be repeated though.

I only caught bits of it cos I was cooking dinner but loved hearing John Anderson - Gladiators.. Ready, Contender... Ready - 3 2 1 ...... Whistle... Ahhh made me all nostalgic!! :lol:

I watched it after Lost. Not that impressed, all the Gladiators are puney..I was watching old episodes of International Gladiators on Virgin 1 earlier and it was so much better. Although the Wolf guy still scares the cr*p out of me, even now!

It was OK.

I did start shouting at the telly on the round with the big cotton buds and DH told me to calm down :lol:

Kieron was obsessed when he was little we went twice to birmingham to see it recorded and once went bakstage to meet them all, i must say it did do away with a bit of the magic for him when he actually saw it made, he had all the mens suits and everything :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back