36 wk MW apointment..**sigh**

Riot_Grrrl

Reaction score
HIYA ALL.. Well yesterday i had a routine MW appoint and for once i didn't have anything to complain about, (appart from a 'funny' discharge and a slight headache with some visual disturbances) and belive me this is nothing as usually i have a list of ailments when i go there :doh: after giving me a vaginal swab she tested my pee and it was protein-city!! also my
blood pressure was high very unusual for me as i suffer with low blood pressure (so lowthat i was fainting)so she sent me straight to hospital and told me to take an overnight bag :shock: . once i'd sorted a babysitter i went down and on examination by doc i was told baby was measuring 31 weeks and this could be cause for concern as up until now i have been measuring fine?? he told me because i'm tall 6ft and built like one ofthe gladiators (Rhino not Vixen) they are expecting another whopper as my last baby was 10lb 3oz...soooooo they sent me home telling me to expect a phonecall today to go back to clinic for a scan well it's 5pm now and no phonecall, i'm feeling quite anxious about my 'small' baby and what can it mean if he has stopped growing? im starting to think this LO would thrive better if outside the womb

Aww try not to worry :hug: Hopefully you'll get a call re a scan tomorrow.

The whole fundal height measuring is quite inaccurate, perhaps your LO has moved into a more compact position since you were last measured :hug:

Although its really hard, try not to worry as the stress won't do you any good. Fundal heights aren't really very accurate. I've always measured 2 weeks behind but LO is actually at the right weight and size and has no problems. Fundal height is just an estimate. Hope you get your scan so you can put your mind at ease, let us know how you get on :hug: :hug: :hug:

no advice.....but im sure you must be stressing, just try to relax...they'll do best for baby, and at least you know if baby had to come out soon....he'd be ok! :hug: :hug:

aww cheers girls :hug: if i get my scan tomorrow will the result be accurate, they measure the bones don't they?

I didn't have a great MW appointment today either, but mine was more annoying that worrying hun so I really feel for you... :hug: BUT... I'm sure everything is absolutely perfect in there! A few cm really is nothing and not accurate! They'll get a much better view on it at your scan. They can check in much more detail and just double check everything :hug:

Sorry your blood pressure was really high too and you have protein in your wee. Did they talk to you about Pre-Eclampsyia?

I really hope you get the call tomorrow so you can have your scan, know that everything's alright and get back to normal again :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back