Giving birth & fitness level

I heard a strange thing today that women who keep up their fitness levels in pregnancy on average give birth 5 days before their due date and their labours are generally a third quicker! Be interesting to see how true that is!

Thats really interesting Sarah, I wonder how true it is. I defo remember the mw harping on about how important exercise is with my last.

I have light weights and an exercise bike in my bedroom, i'm gonna start using them up til the birth, I also do nearly 2 hours walking daily (when i'm at work) my main motivation for this is I put on alot of weight during my first pregnancy and promised myself I wouldn't do that again. Oh and I read the other day about certain sit ups you can do while pregnant, I'm really keen to keep my stomach in shape.

My main theory for speeding up labour is to ignore it until you can't possibly ignore it any more! First time I times the contractions right from the start and was a bit of a fanny :blush: 2nd time I was just leaving m&s when I got mu first, went home and fed K, ignoring what was happening, mu parents didn't even realise I was in labour! Told my mum I was in labour and going for a bath, and she arrived about 10 mins later! But like I said before, I had a freak of labour nature :lol:

erm im the laziest person i know if i can get out of walking i will lol other than housework and looking after the kids i dont do excercise and my labour are pretty quick and not too painful

Heard a story at the gym yesterday that there was this pregnant lady (doctor) and she ran all the way through her pregnancy and run 10k the day she gave birth! She must have lots of stamina to do that lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back