Give Blood

Lander

Reaction score
Right, I'm going to give blood tomorrow, OH may join me, he's not brill with needles but we'll see. My mate may also come, as neither of us has given for far too long.

I invite you (if you can) to join me in 'going for a pint' some time this April.

Obviously if you're pregnant or gave birth in the last six months you can't, so you're excused but if that doesn't apply to you, and none of the other reasons https://secure.blood.co.uk/c11_cant.asp do either, please consider all the benefits of giving blood.

The please use the same link to find a session near you. :)

Lxx

Good call, everyone should give blood. As someone who needed 2 pints after birth I can't thank enough all those who donate xxx

I heard ur not allowed to if you have had a tattoo in the last 12 months? Is that true? As I wud like to give blood eventually as I'm o negative and know my blood wud be usefull! X

Yeah that's true Loulou and also if you've had a piercing in the last 12 months. Ive given blood 5 times as well then I became anaemic and wasn't allowed. Had a transfusion 2 years ago and you aren't allowed after that for a certain number of years. Cosmic do you know how many years you have to wait? I needed 4 units of blood so I would love to be able to give blood again at some point.
X

I heard ur not allowed to if you have had a tattoo in the last 12 months? Is that true? As I wud like to give blood eventually as I'm o negative and know my blood wud be usefull! X
Oh just read on the link that its 6 months now and not 12 months.
Also doesn't have a time scale if you've received blood since 1980. I wonder if that means I won't ever he able to give blood?

I used to give blood regularly :)

I'm not allowed now, due to blacking out after giving blood and nearly ended up under a bus! (Not trying to put anyone off, its not a regular thing that happens to people, just my experience :))

My Mam gives blood regularly, doesn't have the veins for it and comes out in some lovely bruises too, bless her. When you go to a session with her you can meet the whole village as they all turn out :lol:

Mt Great Aunt, who passed away in May last year aged 82, never married or had children but she gave 100 pints in her lifetime :D I have her pins and certificates for it.

I'm O Negative too, so was she.

Im A Negative but they dont want my blood lol

I used to give blood and will when I'm allowed to again (how long after having a tattoo done can you give?) x I'm o neg too and they want my blood :) lol

If you have had a transfusion you can never give blood. It's something to do with cjd, they can only check if you don't have it through a test that can only be done when you're dead! My husband had 7 pints given to him several years ago. I've given 9 now (I'm b positive) so I'm looking forward to going soon.

If you have had a transfusion you can never give blood. It's something to do with cjd, they can only check if you don't have it through a test that can only be done when you're dead! My husband had 7 pints given to him several years ago. I've given 9 now (I'm b positive) so I'm looking forward to going soon.

Oh wow really?! I never knew that x I've never had a transfusion but that's really interesting!

I asked last time I went. My husband was gutted he couldn't give back what he had been given x

I definitely want to do this when I can. Donating my milk made me realise I could've done blood too. I did try go one year but I'd had my ears pierced a short time before.

I must go and donate soon, they turned me away once before as i dont weigh over 50kg :( I shall scoff a few easter eggs before going this time :) most of the time they say my 48kg is enough :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back