Girls testing for OV, is it always the same CD each month??

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hey Girls,:wave:

Just something I'm wondering as at the moment my OV is always the same CD each month.

Is your OV the same CD each month?

Liverpool got a BFP this month and she OV'd much earlier than she expected.

I'm assuming I will always OV the same time and I'm not testing until the week of expected OV.

Could I miss and earlier OV?

xx

Last edited:
Liverpoolmum had only just started using OPKs, so her "earlier than expected" ovulation wasn't due to it changing from when she knew it was, but when she thought it was. She must have been wrong :)

I was also incorrectly asssuming when my ovulation was based on symptoms and only found out last cycle :dohh:

Your luteal phase will remain roughly the same, but if you have a irregular cycles then that will also alter the cd of your ovulation.

If your next cycle starts, for example, 5 days later than you expected to then you would also have ovulated 5 days later than you expected to during the previous cycle.

If during the week that you are testing you are getting a positive result, then you are testing during the correct time.

It's only if you aren't getting a positive that i would be tempted to test for a longer time frame.

I'd do whatever puts your mind at ease and if that is testing throughout your cycle, then you should do it :)

Hi Hun,

Thanks for that.

I've always OV'd on CD25, and once on CD26 after the M/C and my cycles are really regular just a bit long.

I'm going to call the docs tomorrow and ask again whether longer cycles are a problem as maybe they aren't?

xx

hi maybe baby mine change by 2-3 days each month but like louise says, this is usually when my cycle is longer or shorter too xx

hi maybe baby mine change by 2-3 days each month but like louise says, this is usually when my cycle is longer or shorter too xx

Just curious, does that mean that you have an idea of when you're going to have a longer cycle? Like you ovulate two or three days later so you know AF will be two or three days later?

well i've been tracking properly for a few months so i have noticed it recently. if my ov was a bit later i would assume il be a few days later so yeah, i suppose i can but not 100% xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back