Girls names...

SarahLouB

Reaction score
Cadence... I'm not sure if I like this name or not but I always notice it and it always sticks in my head! I want to stay away from "trendy" names as my first daughter's name is very classic - Cecilia.

I think Cadence would go nicely with Cecilia and both names are related to music so that's nice too.

I just don't know! Honest opinions please!

Other girls names I have short listed are Emily, Elodie and Florence.

Last edited:
I find unless I absolutely LOVE a name, it just won't do :p So if you just can't shake it, then that's a good sign no matter of other's opinions xXx

I love Cecelia (I wanted it for a girl but hubby couldn't get past the song) candence isn't really a favourite of mine, but if you love it then go for it

I've gone off Cadence again! I just don't think it's meant to be!

Just so you know JoJo, I was also worriesd about people singing the song all the time with Cecilia but I think it's happened about twice and it didn't really bother me! We call her Cece all the time anyway so I guess the song just doesn't pop into people's heads!

Elodie and Cecilia are lovely together and your girls won't have the same initials that way either :)

Cece and Ellie?

I've gone off Cadence again! I just don't think it's meant to be!

Just so you know JoJo, I was also worriesd about people singing the song all the time with Cecilia but I think it's happened about twice and it didn't really bother me! We call her Cece all the time anyway so I guess the song just doesn't pop into people's heads!

hubby is just a no go... another favourite of mine is alice, but theres that song... one version is beautiful... a song about missed chances... hes lived next door to her for 24 years, they grew up together and never told her how he felt and now shes gone... the other.... NOT so bloody nice (you know it... roy chubby brown... alice, alice who the-- and you get the point)

i also think if this one if a girl luke and alice would go really nicely together

I really like Alice too, but hubby has vetoed it due to that song jojo! Luke & Alice does sound lovely.
We are struggling with a name for this bubs too, thinking Madeleine Grace but does Caitlin & Madeleine sound ok together? She will most likely be a Maddie, I obviously like names that end in 'Lin' sound :-D we have a short surname so need a longer first name.
I really like Elodie too sarahlou, Emily is also beautiful & classic x

I think Elodie is my favourite now and then my new second favourite is Florence!

Is it pronounced like melodie without the m?

Yes it is JoJo. I used to work for a French company and someone there was called Elodie and I thought it was such a lovely name. Since then I've heard it used several times in the UK so if I ever move back to the UK I don't think it would be too perculier!

I like it, although consider that she may get melodie a few times before they get it right... I got my name said wrong all the time, but they get it in the end.

I love Elodie, not common at all but still sounds sophisticated and classic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back