Gift ideas?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stacey2404, Jun 12, 2014.

1. stacey2404

stacey2404 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone :)
    My fiancé graduates next week with a masters 2:1 (honours) degree in physics so obviously I'm very proud of him and want to buy him something special.
    I was going to book a meal and a romantic hotel break but with LO being only 3 months old I think bottle feeds might kill the romance lol.
    I know my mum and dad would babysit but they are already watching LO on the Wednesday (actual graduation day) and the Saturday (grad ball) so u would rather not.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I already have him cuff links from the little one so not those :)

Thanks xx

2. Pixxy

Pixxy Well-Known Member

3. TTT

TTT Well-Known Member

What about a watch? You could also have the back engraved, which most jewellery shops can arrange for you (although it would be cheaper to arrange it yourself if you knew a decent engraver). Not sure what your budget is but Tissot are a great brand of watch and carry the same movements as Tag Heuer watches.

4. lilacdoll

lilacdoll Well-Known Member

Hi. I know I am very late for this. But I just love gift giving especially for my loved ones. Well, my idea would be a nice neck tie, bracelet, watch or perhaps a decent long sleeves...i think any of these will go well with the occasion.

5. LeeGood

LeeGood Member

Boys love techno stuff, I would try to google different geeky gifts, toys for men, etc. I am on to buy a remote control toy for Dad, just an example. Here is a not commercial review http://rcstate.com/6-of-the-best-electric-rc-car/ on best rc cars of 2017, by the way, I tend to Team Losi is an Audi R8 due to these recommendations. It's brushless motor is really huge, the speed and maneuverability are fantastic. My brother has Traxxas E-Revo, it is also a very decent car but the price is too high, just my opinion. I want to try a rc truck, this kind of toys promise to be very powerful and able to go at any roads, I guess one will be my next purchase huh. Modern cars are rather durable and strong, able to sustain big loads, at least I am not going to spend time on repairing them so that I am ready to spend more money for a good quality.
    Hope you find the best solution!

6. Diana26

Diana26 Member

Or if he is a fan of comics or serials, then you can choose something on the subject of your favorite comics or series

7. Jeniferr

Jeniferr Member

maybe romantic dinner at a good restaurant? it's always a perfect idea

8. olivia262

olivia262 Member

I hope you have chosen a great gift and spent wonderful evening together. But for future presents I think you will love my idea:) My girlfriend was simply happy when I bought a travel scratch map for her (found it here https://www.1dea.me/) and we put it on the wall together . We also decided to mark all our future journeys on it:)

9. lilacdoll

lilacdoll Well-Known Member

The romantic hotel break would sound like the best idea! Maybe a one-day island hopping would be another good suggestion. Or start him a new collection of watch, toy cars (men, not just boys, still collect these), or comic books if he's into it.

10. Maffeblessing

Maffeblessing Member

Surprise party ��