• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ggrrr

purple13

Reaction score
i put my car for sale on ebay and got the reserve price for it.

i was sooo pleased cos we really need the money, and really need to sell the car (which, by the way, is very much loved by me)

but now it turns out that the bidder is just a loser timewaster - just had an email back from them, after my 2 attempts to get in touch with them, saying they'll "pay me in installments over 5 years" :evil:

i'm a bit emotional today anyway but this has really made me sad :cry: :cry: i don't understand how people can get their kicks out of upsetting other people and behaving in such a pointless way. i don't want my little boy growing up around such horrible people :cry:

I would email him back and let him know in no uncertain terms that as the winning bidder he is legally required to pay you as required in the timeframe that you specified (i.e. now) and that if he doesn't you will take further action.

Alternatively, did you have a second highest bid? You could give a Second Chance Offer to the next person - but I wouldn't do this until you have raised a "non-paying bidder" alert with Ebay for the first bloke.

Sorry about this - it's so annoying isn't it? :(

thanks debecca - i've just done exactly that. not that i hold out much hope though. its all more hassle than its worth in the end - and i'm not sure i want my little car to go to someone so mean!! sentimental, me?!! :lol:

what kind of car do you have? im looking to buy one, ive just had to sell mine to get a cheaper one

its a '04 suzuki alto - not the snazziest of cars but ridiculously cheap to run... i love it to bits but we've got 2 cars and really don't need both.

Oh sorry to hear about that. These pesky ebay non-payers want shooting! Good luck with selling your car - I'm sure it'll go to someone lovely eventually :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back