GF Pregnant?

shadee

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking a few opinions/advice here.

My GF's period is 14 days late, she did a pregnancy test a few days ago and it gave a very faint line indicating she was indeed pregnant.

Yesterday she did 2 tests, a digital test and a normal test and both we're negative.

I'm confused on the situation - We're visiting the doctors soon to get a test done there.

Wow that is confusing :-S
Sorry I cant help with this but wishing u both the best of luck xxx

Does your gf have irregular periods? If so she could have ovulated a lot later than anticipated. Therefore she could be alot less than 14 days late and hormone not built up so much! I think digi's are less sensitve than some cheapies so that could be why!!!! Anyway! good luck and I hope it sorts out soon! x

Does your gf have irregular periods? If so she could have ovulated a lot later than anticipated. Therefore she could be alot less than 14 days late and hormone not built up so much! I think digi's are less sensitve than some cheapies so that could be why!!!! Anyway! good luck and I hope it sorts out soon! x

The past few months her periods have been irregular. The digital HPT was a CB one which is supposedly very accurate and can measure low levels. It's weird that one was positive then a few days later both digital and normal cb were both negative.

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced something similar to this? We were using protection and I don't think she is experiencing many symptoms but I was told pregnancy tests cannot give a false positive?

The only thing I can suggest is go to the docs. They can do further tests etc. Until then, try not to worry. Fingers crossed for you both.x

I have experienced this and mine was a chemical pregnancy.

This is where the egg was fertilised and tried to implant, therfore giving off a small amount of hcg. It failed to implant and multiple negative tests after, i saw gp and he told me what it was.

This maybe different as one of the girls said, she may have ovulated later and it maybe an early pos. Try again in a couple of days.

About 7 years ago the same happened to me. 2 positives, then a few days later, negatives from then on.

Nobody explained much to me back then other than "it's just one of those things" which I now believe to have been a chemical pregnancy.

You never know though x

Thanks for the advice ladies. Results tomorrow so I will report back how we get on.

Was the first one you did a clearblue normal + type one? My friend had what showed the faintest line on there but was not pregnant...the blue dye tests can be known to show that? x

Was the first one you did a clearblue normal + type one? My friend had what showed the faintest line on there but was not pregnant...the blue dye tests can be known to show that? x

Yeah the first one was a clearblue normal + one.

The second time she used the cb digital one and a cb + one and both we negative.

Hi - strange - Were the tests taken at different times of the day, First morning urine is best as levels of HCG will be higher then? If first was a morning one or second one was later in the day or after lots of drink it could be more dilute

Hope you get the result you wish for tomorow

Hi - strange - Were the tests taken at different times of the day, First morning urine is best as levels of HCG will be higher then? If first was a morning one or second one was later in the day or after lots of drink it could be more dilute

Hope you get the result you wish for tomorow

Both taken first thing in the morning, its very strange indeed!

Fingers crossed you get the results you want x

Was the line on the positive test the same thickness as the control line and did it apprar within the time limit? Blue dye tests do quite often give false positives after the time limit, sometimes with a thinner line down one side of where you would expect the test line to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back